Looking For Yo-Yo Patterns

Does anyone have yo-yo patterns they would like to share? I have one for a Christmas Tree and a basket that can be put on towels. I am in the process of attaching yo-yo to form a Christmas tree to finger towels for Christmas presents. But I would be interested in other uses also.

Joan from Maryland

Have you seen the yo-yo maker on "Sewing with Nancy"? ...It's a plastic tool that snaps together on each side of the fabric & holds the yo-yo in place while you sew it. You then unsnap it & draw the stitches tight into the form of a yo-yo. They have several sizes & they are for making uniform sizes of perfect yo-yos.

---> Has anyone used this tool? And how did you like it?

Cyndia: since this is the only way I learned how to make a yo-yo pillow with the clover large round template in my senior center crafts class i really enjoyed doing the project. I also made a pillow for my daughter as a Christmas present. I will say that it takes more than a day to do 100 yo-yo's for the pillow and then we handstitched the pillow and had to handstitch the yo-yo to it. But all in all both pillows turned out very nice.

Of course the more you make the better they look as with any craft project. I also bought the small round template to try. Now I am looking other patterns, I have a pattern for a Christmas Tree and a basket that the class did on a towel before I joined (they did this one by hand not with the template).

Joan from Aberdeen

I have a pattern for a yo-yo Christmas tree which is from Clover Needlecraft. You have to get the yo-yo makers (there are 5 different sizes.) The project # is ct0039.

Here's a pattern for a Christmas Yo-Yo Doily. Hope you can use it!

Hugs & Happiness~~~ Paula

http://www.lovetosew.com/homespunchristmasyoyo.htm

I've used the Clover brand of yo-yo maker. It works great! I have the small and medium sized ones.

Thanks to everyone for so many useful responses and Web sites. I have looked at most of the web sites and have found very useful information.

I made a garland for my tree last year. it took 800 yo-yo's. I also sewed buttons in the center (I collect buttons) so no two were alike. I didn't need anything else on the tree except lights. every body loved it.

I am also making a quilt--takes about 2500 for a queen size bed..

Crafts Using Yo Yos
Crafts Using Yo Yos
Crafts SewingOctober 28, 2008
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
sew garland to triple yo yos
Making a Halloween Yo Yo Garland
Halloween Yo Yo Tree
Making a Halloween Yo Yo Tree
Vintage Sewing Pattern
Finding Vintage Sewing Patterns
🎉
🎄