Cough Remedy Using Brandy

I am looking for a natural cough remedy using brandy. I've been pretty much using it mixed with water. It's the only relief I have found yet. Could anyone suggest other ingredients to add to this mixture? I've had this cough for a week and as soon as I lie down the coughing begins. The brandy works for about 4 hours and then it begins again.

Thanks!
Cindie from South Carolina

My dad used to mix it with a little bit of honey and lemon. I am not sure what the ratio is. Good luck.

One oz of Brandy and one oz of honey mix and cut one lemon to small pieces and mix it. Keep in the refrigerator. Use one spoon every hour or half hour and see how it works

In my family we make this remedy, we call it a Hotty Toddy. Heat up about 4 ounces of brandy as warm as you can drink it. Add 2 teaspoons honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and either spearmint or peppermint (1 sprig) or if you only have essential oils 1-2 drops. If it's a real nasty cough add a pinch of cayenne or chili powder.

Why don't you infuse the brandy with some horehound? That's what I use ...

Add a little honey to it.

http://www.drinkstreet.com/searchre ... inkid=1063&drinkname=category:12

Try this for hot toddy mix. There are people that swear by this... Good luck. I love it as my grammy use to make it with orange juice.

Tonya

My Mom used to give my brother whiskey, honey, and lemon juice, ( i'm sure brandy would be the same) and the ratio is easy, just three equal parts..and the dose would be about the same as regular cough medicine...I'm sure this would help..my brother had asthma very bad when he was young and he would get the nasty croop coughing and the mixture seemed to work great for him..get well soon Wen

If you are only coughing when you lie down at night, and especially if you are older you should seek medical advice.

Regards

Jo

Lovely

Put some honey & lemon juice in it. Also, you can crush up peppermint candy & put it in there as well.

Hi, do you use this for children? I have a 2 year old daughter with a nasty cough. Would this be used for her? Thanks, Mary.

Young woman coughing into her hand.
Homemade Cough Remedies
Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 27, 2005
A dog in a kennel at the pound.
Remedies for Kennel Cough
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
🎄