Browsing: Remedies for Kennel Cough

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

What can be done for kennel cough?

By Ruby

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Your veterinarian will include kennel cough with your annual c5 vaccination no registered boarding kennel will accept an animal without sighting this current certificate, hope this helps you.

Please click on this link as it's very thorough regarding kennel cough in young to senior dogs.

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Home_Treatment_for_Kennel_Cough

September 18, 2010 Flag

Would someone have a home remedy for kennel cough?

By Evelyn from Richmond, TX

Answers:

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

I read on web someone used Robitussin DM and it helped. Not all vets recommend antibiotics since it can be caused by different things and is mostly self limiting. Warm unsalted chicken broth in small amounts might help. (03/05/2010)

By PIKKA

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

I also would not treat kennel cough at home. It may not be kennel cough it may be flu. If you can just go to your regular vet and ask for an antibiotic for him usually they will just charge you for the antibiotic and not an office call etc. I have 9 dogs and am nursing a Boston Bull terrier pup that I got a 2 days old because its mama died.

Keep the sick pup separate and treat it fast. There are so many things that are similar to kennel cough that aren't. Please be careful and I would think about changing where I board my pets, they apparently have a problem. Good luck. (03/05/2010)

By fuzzytufts

March 4, 2010 Flag

What can I do for kennel cough till I can get to a vet on Monday?

By Susan from Grand Prairie, TX

Answers:

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

No vaccines. Vaccines often give the disease. Check vaclib.org for ingredients. Mercury damages brain as does antifreeze, aluminum, and squaline. Build immune systems to keep them well. K cough treatment: Robitussin cough syrup, ester C, garlic, aloe juice, colloidal silver water, willard water, CS and Willards nebulated or in steamer. Add CS and Willards to all dogs drinking water to help with K cough as well as keeping those not infected from getting this. Too much to explain on benefits. Google and believe. You will be amazed. (01/07/2010)

By muttmom

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

Be careful with the garlic, it generally isn't safe for dogs. Only recommended in tiny amounts if any at all. (01/17/2010)

By melbahtoast

January 3, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a remedy for kennel cough? We can not afford to keep running to the vet. Our dog has had all his shots 3 weeks ago. After this date we took him to a kennel for a weekend, and now we have a problem. He sees to have picked up something from one of the the dogs there.

By the way he did have his shots last year as well. He has also been to the vet recently and may have been exposed to a dog that had not been inoculated.

Anyway, can someone give us a tip of some sort? Hopefully save us a vet bill. Thanks in advance for your support.

Agie

By poopsy from 0ntario, Canada

Answers:

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

It is a little late for this now, but if you can still find some green black walnut hulls put them in your dog's water otherwise you can buy green, black walnut tincture online, just be sure it is green. Give your dog 10 drops twice a day, if he is pretty bad I would suggest taking him to the vet, otherwise google Wolf Creek Ranch they have a lot of great herbal animal remedies.

Have your dog vaccinated specifically for kennel cough. The vaccine for it is very inexpensive. Most Farm stores sell a lot of things for dogs like tapeworm medicine, kennel cough treatments, etc, that are cheaper than the vet, but usually not in the concentration that you would get from the vet. Hope this helps.
(11/09/2009)

By tigra

November 7, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know a way to get rid of kennel cough? My Boxer took off about two weeks ago and the Humane Society picked him up.

March 17, 2009 Flag

I just brought a new dog home from the pound I believe he has kennel cough. He doesn't cough a whole lot but sure has a runny nose.

July 19, 2007 Flag

I am looking for Kennel Cough home remedies.

A dog in a kennel at the pound.
Remedies for Kennel Cough
Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 18, 2010
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
Young woman coughing into her hand.
Homemade Cough Remedies
Lab in a kennel.
Cleaning a Dog Kennel
A small dog in a kennel.
Bedding Ideas for Dog Kennels
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 7:49:03 AM on 10.0.1.174 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.