Could I Have Rodents in My Mobile Home?

Can rodents be be burrowing between my floor board and the carpeting of my mobile home? Something looks like its burrowing all through my mobile home and also like through the trim of my walls. My electrical outlets are no longer flush, like something running through them, but I don't find droppings. My 3 cats also act spooked. Please help!

By kristin from Independence, MO

Keep in mind that electrical plugs can come loose after time in a mobile home, in our older home, we found that with some plugs, the screws were applied to the drywall only, not where there were studs, and these eventually wiggled loose.

Yes, you could have a rodent problem. We found out after the bathroom floor caved in from moisture, that a rabbit had somehow gotten under the trailer, and chewed through the hot water line, and made a tiny hole in a water line, which was spraying a fine mist to the underside of my bathroom floor! We knew it was a rabbit as the carcass was still there.

Sounds to me like you have a moisture problem. Different kinds of wood products act differently when they absorb moisture. On some, the upper layer of wood starts to ripple. The problem could be caused by moisture under your mobile home, or it could be comming in behind a wall when it rains, then soaking into the floor.

I have never known mice or rats to make visible "burrows". And I doubt that you would have either with 3 cats. I also think it might be a moisture problem.

Home and Garden Pest Control RodentsAugust 7, 2010
Mobile Homes in Snow
Winterizing Your Mobile Home
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
mobile homes
Storage Solutions for a Mobile Home
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile