Tips To Avoid Wrapping Paper Waste

My family thinks I am crazy when it comes to wrapping paper. One of my biggest pet peeves is when they cut out a small section and toss the roll back into the bin. then the remaining "tail" gets snagged and ripped and it ends up getting cut off anyway and thrown away; or worse, ends up tearing more paper and wasting more than they used in the first place. I have gotten them in the habit of measuring the package, cutting off the whole width of paper and then cutting the length that they need.

I buy wrapping paper on sale, so there are a lot of patterns in the bin at a time. Once the paper roll has been opened, I loosen the paper on the roll by twisting the paper backwards and pull the tube out. then I wind the remaining paper tighter by holding the paper on the inside with one finger and rolling the paper back until it is slightly smaller than the tube. I insert the paper into the tube and roll the paper back the opposite way to make it tight to the tube. I roll the scraps and place them inside the tube as well.

I use a small scrap to cover the bottom end because I store my paper in a vertical organizer . I write on the outside of the tube at the top what the paper is "kids b-day", "over the hill", "wedding", "baby", etc.

Now if there is a small package, everyone knows to check the inside of the rolls and it may save them time if there is a small piece they can use already waiting.

Source: My own frugal mind

By jwheeler from Stockton, IA

Cut the legs off old nylons and put a roll of wrapping paper in - neat and easy! :)

Holidays and Parties Gifts Wrapping PaperSeptember 1, 2009
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
Row of Wrapped Gifts
Saving Money on Wrapping Paper
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
Newspapers
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper
🎉
🎄