Use Coffee Grounds to Deter Slugs from Hosta

To protect your hostas, especially those growing in pots, cover the soil with used coffee grounds. Not a slug in sight!

By Ruth from Cardiff, UK

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thanks! This warrents a trip to Starbucks... I'll let you know if I have success!

I was pleasantly surprised! I was saving eggshells to crush and put around my many hostas. In the meantime, I started putting used coffee grounds around them. It turned out that I didn't have to use the eggshells at all for the hostas, because the coffee grounds got rid of the slugs. No more holes or chewed up leaves on my hostas! I ended up just using the eggshells in my vegetable garden. :)

Comment

Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJuly 24, 2008
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 19, 2016 at 11:05:24 AM on 10.0.1.79 in 314 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.