Watch Store Receipts For Contests

Lately I've been looking at my store receipts. Almost every time, I notice a website to go to to complete a satisfaction survey. You seem to either get coupons or a chance to win gift cards from the store. The latest place I went to was Burger King. If you did an automated phone survey which took about 5 minutes, you got a special validation code to redeem a free sandwich with purchase of drink and fries.

So make sure you look at your receipts and see what you can get for free or win! This mainly applies to big chains, smaller independent stores don't seem to have these perks unfortunately. Happy Shopping!

By freya1970 from Halifax, NS

Hey, that's people's mindsets. One reason we do it is price; another is, BK seems marginally healthier than McD's, for example. Unfortunately, I'm a frugalist married to a wastrel, so even when I managed to do the survey (once,) he let the coupon expire without using it. If you do these things, don't forget to cash in before the expiration!

Good tip! I look at my receipts all the time. I do the BK one frequently and do manage to get in for the free sandwich (w/purchase) before it expires. You have a choice of a chicken sandwich or whopper. Even with buying a fry and drink, it's a very good deal and not much trouble to answer a few questions. Wendy's has one that is good too and you get a free single burger for answering a survey and no additional purchase is needed. Some of them are answer a survey for chance at winning $1,000. I've never won the money but still try for it.

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingSeptember 15, 2009
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
A pile of receipts.
Organizing Receipts
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
Winning Sweepstakes
Finding and Entering Sweepstakes and Contests
🎄