Finding and Entering Sweepstakes and Contests

We love to enter contests. The promise of winning a prize of just about any kind is exciting. This is a guide about finding and entering sweepstakes and contests.

Since my husband and I are retired, we are living on a limited budget. I have found a lot of tips on how to save money submitted by your readers. I have saved some money by using your site. Now my tip is how to earn some extra money. Become a member of ThriftyFun, then ask your friends and relatives for some tips and good recipes. Think back of all the tips and recipes your mom and other family members have given you over the years and post them.

I have earned some extra money that way. It has given me some extra money to get some extra things I want or need. You have nothing to lose, you can only gain by submitting your favorite tips and recipes. Thanks to all of you who have voted on my recipes and tips. I hope you vote on this also. I could use the extra money!

By dwedenoja

Editor's Note: Please send us all your frugal tips, crafts, recipes and more! We have several different contests running each month. Here is the link directly to our Contest page:

http://www2.thriftyfun.com/Contests

Enter contests, especially local ones! I just won 2 tickets to a classical music concert through my local classical station! (at a $50-60 value). Years ago I read some article that said that local contests had better odds than national ones, so always enter them. It's true, by following that advice I have for the first time won things.

So enter every little contest you see, (especially since now they don't cost even postage if you do it on the internet!)

If you enter many sweepstakes, create a separate email account for use as part of your submissions. This will help keep junk mail down for your regular email address.

By Robert R.

Sweepstakes are an easy way to live frugally. Numerous sweepstakes sites exist on the web, but if you want to search for the best ones, look online for "limit one per day", "instant win" or "winner will be notified".

By Shawna from Orange County, CA

Does anyone know if there are any other sites like ThriftyFun that have contests?

Answers

There are quite a few sites out there that offer monthly contest. Most of them seem to be photography, writing, or poetry. I have been searching and can't find any type of writing site like Trhrifty Fun where you can write on different subject matters. They seem to be a lot stricter and some sites you need to mail your entries in.

I am not a real "social media" person so my information on this subject is very limited but I have never heard of another site even similar to ThriftyFun.
It seems most sites only have monthly contests that are for a specific thing (mostly photography) or they have product reviews that are completed when a company gets a request.

There were quite a few sites in the early 2000s that had a similar model to us but they have mostly disappeared or been bought by large corporations for their subscriber lists. A lot of that information is entirely lost to us now.

We are a little different because we fully moderate our entire site, meaning that every post or feedback is reviewed by an actual person. Most question and answer sites are fully automated, resulting some inappropriate or even offensive comments.

I think there are lots of sites that have product giveaways but I don't know anyone who pays directly like we do. We have always strived for a partnership with our active members and love to reward them when we have the means to do so.

Have a great day and thanks to everyone who generously supports ThriftyFun.

If you go on Instagram, there are many that do craft, photography, makeup and other contests. Just search the hashtag contest and you'll find a bunch pop up.

Honestly, none are as good as ThriftyFun!!! :)

Thanks, Atossa ;)