Keeping Silverware Polished

I have a wonderful full set of hotel silverware that I use for everyday eating. Unfortunately, they get tarnished and become so time consuming to keep clean. So far a gentle rub with SOS or Brillo has gotten it very shiny but doesn't last and is probably destroying the surface. As everyday silverware, tarnished ware is rather unappealing and chemical polishes may not be the healthiest choice. What can I do to keep longer lasting brilliant silver? How in the world do the fast-paced hotels maintain their silver?

ZSU

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try using detergent. Weird huh? Well it works on jewelry. Works great actually.

This came from Graham Haley. To clean tarnished silver as quick as a wink, mix water softener and salt in a sink or container of water, place tin foil in it and than put your silver pieces in. Tarnish is removed in seconds without scrubbing.

Kay

Use WHITE toothpaste. Rub on w/soft cloth,

let dry a few minutes and buff.

I use toothpaste then I wash the silver. I spray it with WD-40 and wipe it off with a paper towel. It keeps the tarnish off. Go to the WD 40 website for more uses. It is non toxic and safe. Check it out for yourself. I couldn't believe how well it works. I also use it on my outside brass.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesFebruary 6, 2005
A polished set of silverware
Storing Silverware
Woman wearing rubber gloves polishing silver.
Polishing Silverware
old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:46:08 AM on 10.0.1.73 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.