Using a Pumice Stone on Porcelain Toilet Bowl

A round pumice stone, to be used for cleaning.
Used properly a pumice stone is the perfect tool to remove toilet rings. This is a guide about using a pumice stone on porcelain toilet bowl.

Use a pumice stone (similar to the ones women use for feet) they have them made for cleaning purposes. They work great but you have to make sure the toilet surface and stone are wet before you use or you will scratch the bowl.

I have a porcelain toilet bowl and we have well water. I read the replies on here about pumice stones but won't they hurt the porcelain bowl? My bowl has a light stain to it. What about Bon Ami or Comet?

Matt from PA

I would try Lime Away or CLR first. I think pumice would scratch porcelain over time.

Try Bar Keepers Friend (it's in the cleaning aisle by the Comet). It takes all kinds of stains off my porceain sink.

Buy a bottle of "the works" from the dollar store. We have well water that has lime in the water. Thats what has worked very well for me. Shonda from Western Ky

The works, I agree completely! It's at Wal-mart. That mixed w/the toilet wand scrubbers works very well.

bar keepers friend is better than comet and like products anyday.

if that doesn't work: pour 1/2 cup white vinegar in bowl, close top, and leave over night. flush then if still stained scrub.

also, pouring 1/2 cup white vinegar into the tank, before bed, helps to kill bacteria,mold, mildew, etc. which leaves stains

Personally speaking, I would not use anything with chemicals in it to clean a toilet, clothing or a sink if the house is on a well system because it goes into the septic tank and will contaminate the land filtering the water as well as insects and other wildlife. Good old fashioned vinegar and baking soda work very well after it is let to sit for a while, then use a toilet bowl brush. There are many gentle cleansers that will do the trick of cleaning anything if we want to take the time to discover what they are. There are many enviromentally friendly cleansers on the market these days and many recipes online to make ourselves which saves money as well.( no pun intended :))

Sincerely

Mee