Masking Tape For Coloring Hair

I color my hair at home, and always end up with dye on my forehead and ears, which can stain your skin. I have tried to put petroleum jelly on my hairline, but it would get in my hair and stop the dye from taking. Anyway, I had the idea of using masking tape (the paper, low stick kind) on the skin around my hair line and it works really well, giving me a much more professional look. I have suggested it to friends and it works well for them too. It is a time and skin saver. It is a bit fiddly to get the hang of, but gives awesome results.

By happy ending from Geraldton, Western Australia

I used to go to the beauty parlor with my mom when I was very young, and wondered why some ladies had pink tape around the edges of their hair and ears. Thanks to you, the mystery is solved! Thanks!

That's a really good idea, Happy Ending, but you can also just take an old damp washcloth and simply wipe the color that's on your skin off once you apply the color to your hair if you don't want to fiddle with tape or mess with the petroleum jelly.

JustPlainJo, actually that pink tape was used for keeping the old fashioned metal clips used for hair rollers and/or used for making pin curls and waves from burning skin where they might be touching ears and hairline when you sat under the hot hair dryers of old while drying. Once the hair paper called San-ex came out it was used instead. Not only was I a hairstylist for 35 years but so was my mom for that many years. I was in her womb when she was in Beauty School and worked on Saturday's in her salon when I was 12 and 13 helping remove those rollers for all of the stylists, sweeping hair, getting coffee for the clients, etc. :-)

Keeping Hair Dye Off Skin
Keeping Hair Dye Off Your Skin
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringNovember 11, 2010
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
Uses for Masking Tape
Uses for Masking Tape
Masking Tape
Crafts Using Masking Tape
🎉
🎄