Washing Shoes

How do you wash shoes?

John from Lakewood, CA

I just throw them into the washing machine, then I let them air-dry. I've even washed my Ecco suede shoes with no problems. I'm sure that there are those who might shudder at that prospect, but the shoes were already 5-6 years old when I washed them.

I have washed running shoes in the washing machine, and dried them in the dryer, but my dryer has a shelf for this purpose. You don't want them flopping around in there going bumpety bumpety.

If all there is is mud on the outside, I just hose them off with the garden hose.

If they're caked with dirt or mud and are athletic shoes, hose them off outside and then throw them into your washing machine with a load of clothes. You can dry them in the dryer if you can stand the rumbling sound as they knock against the walls, or you can set them in the air and sunshine outside to dry. Takes longer outside.

If they're dress shoes you can't wash them. Use a clean dry cloth and rub the dirt from the shoes, then use polish on them.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesSeptember 9, 2008
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🎉
🎄