Use O Rings For Stitch Markers When Knitting

I was working on a knitting project recently, and the pattern called for stitch markers. I could not locate mine, but my husband came to my rescue. He was doing a plumbing job on the kitchen faucet, and was replacing an "O" ring. I just "borrowed" 4 "O" rings in the correct size for my #ll needles, and proceeded with my project. You can purchase assorted sizes of rubber "O" rings where plumbing supplies are sold.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

In a pinch, I've used safety pins (closed, of course!)

WOW! ... What a great cost saving idea!!! *Thank You!*

I was wondering?? If you found an O-ring that would fit tightly on the end of a double-sided knitting needle, Do you think you could then use it as a "regular" knitting needle???

Knitting Tips
Knitting Tips and Tricks
Crafts KnittingJanuary 21, 2008
Crochet a Chain Stitch
How to Crochet a Chain Stitch
Knitting a Seed Stitch
machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine