Hoop Earring Holder

I only wear hoop earrings. They tended to get ruined just laying around my sink, as they'd get wet and discolor. So I tried finding a holder of some sort, with no luck. I thought about making one, and this is what I came up with:

• Cafe' rod - $2 a set (Big Lots)
  • Screw in hooks - $1 / pack of 4 (Wal-mart)

The hangers that came with the cafe' rods were not far enough away from the wall for the earrings to fit, so I tried the screw in hooks and they worked perfectly. Hope you enjoy!

By Laura from Lillington, NC

I like this but I have one suggestion, being that I am always in a hurry, I would put a rubber band wrapped around the inside of the rod ends so if the earrings start to slide, the rubber band stops them from falling off the rod, but it would be easy enough to lift the earring over it.

This is a great idea.

What a great idea! Also it's so helpful that you included a picture. I don't wear hoop earrings, but I have used just the little cup hooks for my bracelets and necklaces. I was thinking the cafe rod would actually work for those as well.

Laura, you are too smart. joanie

Brilliant!

Thanks you all so much! Please pass the idea along. I'd like to win the tip contest. :-)

Many Pairs of Earrings Spread out
Organizing Earrings
Organizing MiscellaneousSeptember 3, 2010
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Embroidery Hoop Wall Hanging
Embroidery Hoop Wall Hangings
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder
🎄