Making a Mesh Produce Bag Earring Display
This is a guide about making a mesh produce bag earring display. Reuse a plastic mesh bag to create a convenient earring display for yourself or as an inexpensive gift.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My husband knows not to throw anything that does not decompose into the trash, because I will find a way to use it. I made this earring display out of a net bag, that once held apples, and a picture frame I got at the 99 cent store. I'm in love with the fishnet contrast. This is useful and it looks like art!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 earring display
- 1 net produce bag
- 1 picture frame
- 1 piece of paper, your choice of colour
- Disassemble frame (glass, backing, frame). Place glass on your paper. I chose white paper to give the red a nice contrast.
- Wrap the paper around the glass.
- Cut any excess flaps off your produce bag.
- Stuff the paper-wrapped glass into your produce bag. Pull tightly in some areas to create cool stretches in the netting, if desired (I like that look).
- Snip off any excess netting so it lays flat. Tape in place.
- Put the backing on the frame and secure. Looks cool from the front!
- Start hanging your earrings on it. Enjoy!
June 16, 20160 found this helpful
Learn how to make it in this short video.