Cleaning a Love Seat Cover

I have a love-seat that opens into a single bed. It has a cotton slipcover with velcro at the sides for easy removal and replacement. Any chance I can throw it in the washer and dryer (or washer and hang to dry)? When I bought it I was under the impression the cover was washable, but I've found a tag under the bed that says it should be "Professionally" cleaned. That could be really expensive. Will I ruin it if I try to wash it?

Thanks for your feedback,
Munchkinsmom from Higganum, CT

Answers

The chances of the colors running are greater than the chances of it shrinking. I'd try it like this: cool water in the bathtub, mild soap, swish around a little by hand (agitation will cause shrinkage), pull plug so water can drain, refill water to rinse, drain some and roll in beach towels, blanket or cotton sheets to remove as much water as possible. I'd also put it back on my chair before bone dry. If it survives this then next time you probably will want to use washer.

If the fabric content is cotton/polyester blend you should be ok.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMay 10, 2006
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Wood Toilet Seat
Cleaning a Wood Toilet Seat
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 11:39:16 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.