Dehydrate Bargain Priced Fruit

When you find fresh fruits on sale, buy a big amount and dehydrate it. Your pantry can hold only so many jars. A dehydrated item can be stored in an air tight bag or in the freezer and uses a lot less space.

By Gladys Hill

Dehydrating is a great way to taste summer in the middle of winter. I just finished dehydrating cherries for snacking & baking and always dehydrate apples later in the season because I have so many of them. Right now I'm drying zucchini sliced into 1/8" slices for baking, soups, stews, etc. I always use zip-lock freezer bags for storing dried fruits and vegetables so they don't absorb moisture. Dehydrating is a very economical way to preserve food for a multiplicity of uses, as well as being a real space saver.

Food and Recipes DryingNovember 20, 2004
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Mopping the Floor
Homemade Floor Cleaner Recipes
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Halved avocado on top of pile of avocados.
Freezing Avocados
🎉
🎄