Freezing Avocados

Avocados do not last long, and you can freeze them to take advantage of sales.

1. Wash with skin on.
  2. Cut in half.
  3. Peel.
  4. Either store halves in a ziplock bag, or mash the avocado and add a little lemon or lime juice and put in an airtight container.

More Solutions

When I started making egg and avocado wraps, I used 1/2 of the avocado to make 1 serving of guacamole and put the other half of avocado in the refrigerator. I had to use it the next day because it does not keep well.

A serving of frozen guacamole wrapped up.

7 Questions

How do I freeze avocados?

By Joanne A.

Answers

Avocadoes change consistency and can only be used for things like guacamole, dips, spreads, etc. after freezing. What I do is simply seed, peel and mash them one at a time, place in individual ziplock snack bags and then place all in a larger ziplock bag (double bagging helps to keep them from getting an 'off' taste).

I do them individually so I know exactly how much are in each baggie and can simply pull out one if that's all that's needed.

Be sure to remove as much air as possible in each snack baggie to reduce freezer burn. They will keep well for about three or four months.

Add 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice to keep the color from turning.

A comment about adding lemon or lime juice. You only need to do that if you don't place each baggie of mashed avocado in the freezer right away before the discoloration has time to occur. I've never added when freezing and never had discoloration. Of course you will want to add the lemon or lime juice when making guacamole, etc. after thawing if not going to be eaten in just a few minutes.

Answer this Question

Can you freeze avocados for use later?

By Bertha from Edmonton, AB

Answers

You most certainly can but they need to be mashed first. Stir in a tad bit of lemon juice (not too much or they'll be too watery) and freeze in individual freezer bags with air removed. I do this whenever they are on sale and they stay in good condition for about three or four months. They're great to use for sandwiches, salad dressing, dip and even mixing with a fresh avocado for guacamole.

Answer this Question

Can you freeze avocados, and if so how?

By ReDel C. from White House, TN

Answer this Question

Can you freeze avocados and if so how?

How do you freeze avocados?

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesAugust 19, 2011
🌻
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Avocados-1.html