Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake - Categories:

BathroomCleaning

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

We have metal marks left in the toilet bowl from using a snake to get rid of a clog. How can we remove those metal marks?

By Don from West Bend, WI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Get down and dirty with Barkeepers cleanser and elbow grease. If that doesn't do it nothing will.

Woo Hoo! It worked!

Bar Keeper's Friend worked beautifully!! I'm an apartment manager and had a tenant's toilet get scratched when plumber snaked toilet. They informed me of scratch, I went to the apartment with Bar Keeper's Friend and a sponge with scratchy on one side and it worked wonderfully. Hardly took any elbow grease.

I don't know for sure but I am thinking elbow grease and a good old fashioned Brillo pad would work.

Usually the metal marks are "written" onto the porcelain like chalk on a blackboard.

Watkins Toilet Bowl cleaner or hydrochloric acid cleans that off quickly. Make sure the porcelain is completely dry first. Even the tiniest bit of moisture dilutes the hydrochloric acid to impotence, since they are not allowed to ship the pure stuff any more.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

Hello,

Go to your supermarket and buy a pumice stone, it is made for cleaning porcelain i.e. toilets. It should be on the same aisle as other household cleaners. It comes in a small box. Good luck.

Try Barkeepers Friend. It is a powdered cleanser. great for cleaning metal or metal marks.

Barkeepers is a good product for these scratch marks. I used it years ago on my Corning cook top. Back then it was a powder but I recently bought it at Walmart in a liquid paste and it took a scratch out of my toilet. Very good product.

We had a scratch in toilet by plumber`s snake, I used Barkeeper`s friend. It worked for me. Its really good. Just spend 2 minutes to clean with Scrotch brite and BKF powder. It will be magic. All the best!

I tried the Barkeepers cleanser with 3M Scotch Brite pad and it worked!

We recently had to have our toilet snaked by a plumber and he left horrendous metal marks all over the bowl. After trying Ajax, Soft Scrub, and elbow grease, I was thinking that we would be stuck with the marks forever. Until I found this site and decided to try Barkeepers friend, which I had never heard of before, (bought at Target) since it was so highly recommended here. It worked like magic! I sprinkled it in the toilet with water and left it for a few hours, then flushed. And all the marks were gone. I was amazed! What a great product. Thank you everyone :)

Just used this Barkeepers friend and it worked perfectly! My toilet looks brand new! It comes in a powder form and liquid. I used the powder.

Currently have this problem and will try Barkeeper's. I caution against the pumice stone. It may take the marks off, but it also scratches the finish off the porcelain, making it more likely to stain in the future. My mother-in-law used one to remove hard water stains from the toilet bowl and 2 years later the toilet had to be replaced because it was stained so badly.

Actually I scratched the toilet bowl with a metal hanger then I followed your advice. I used barkeepers and a paper towel it cleaned up right away. Thanks everyone for your advice.

OMG. I had the same problem and tried comet and bleach and all that good stuff but I just couldn't get rid of it. So I did some research and apparently a product called Bar Keeper's Friend along with a little prayer worked wonders. I used the powdered one and gave it a little scrub. It was good as new and worth that $3. 19 it cost. Make sure the toilet bowl is empty however.

Saw this thread this morning and went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought a can of Barkeepers Friend for $1.99. It worked like a charm. My wife commented that it took longer for me to go to the store, which is only about a mile from our house, than it did to get the snake scratches out. I had previously tried Soft Scrub and it didn't work at all.

I bought Hydrochloric Acid from Hardware shop. Poured it in the bowl (bowl was emptied before pouring). 15 to 20 minutes later flushed and all metal marks gone.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 12, 2010
toilet plunger
Fixing a Clogged Toilet
Plunging Clogged Toilet
Plunging Clogged Toilet Backs Up Into Sink
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 8:24:39 AM on 10.0.0.143 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.