AdviceBeauty

Making the Underside of Fingernails White

How do you get fingernails to look white on the underside? Mine seem to be rough on the underside and soon after working on them they look grubby again. Looking forward to any tips. Thanks!

Beatty from Sask.

I have found that using a nail pencil/white/run under the fingernail is best. The one I use is made by Sally Hansen and it is just for this purpose. I clean and file my nails first and then give them a coat of clear Hard As Nails/again a Sally Hansen product. Then take the white nail pencil and run it under each nail. I will get some on the finger it self. but I just take a kleenex and rub that off. It always looks good and when it wears off I just touch it up again! HTH

On vacation, cleaning seashells that had been soaking in bleach/water solution I found my fingernails to be the cleanest they had ever been. not really "white" but certainly very clean!

I just purchase one of those white nail pencils that Jonnie suggested....and wow it works great. I just started letting my nails grow (bad habit) and it now shows off my "new" nails. I'd go with the pencil :>

I switched from using antibacterial hand sanitizer to liquid soap throughout the day. I find that the constant washing 4+ times a day started really making my nails look better (gotta love gas station soap!). Also I take a break on the polish to let my nails regenerate some. I know they turn yellow with the polish and keeping it off for a little bit usually brings them back.

Hydrogen peroxide helps. Just drizzle some under your nails.

Soak your fingertips in hydrogen peroxide. This is what manicurists use to do.

I use the one and only Salley Hansen useful items at cvs int the beauty and care supply section and there it is in the nails area. I am a grandmother of 4 and I am 64 trust me with boys it works great. I hope that helped cupcake.

Soak your nails in denture whitener. I use the tablet kind that fizzes.

I used the white eyeliner pencil and put it under my nail, it doesn't look that good now but over time (2days) I am sure it will! Sorry about the caps :p

I tried soaking nails in hydrogen peroxide and that only helped a little. Then I read about teeth whitening liquid which gave me this idea which worked great. I used whitening tooth paste with baking soda & peroxide and put it under my nails and brushed with an old tooth brush (not my husband's). Best results ever!