Making the Underside of Fingernails White

Category Nail Tips
Having healthy nails and cleaning under the tips will keep them looking as white as possible. This is a guide about making the underside of fingernails white.

How do you get fingernails to look white on the underside? Mine seem to be rough on the underside and soon after working on them they look grubby again. Looking forward to any tips. Thanks!

Beatty from Sask.

Answers

By Jonnie C. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have found that using a nail pencil/white/run under the fingernail is best. The one I use is made by Sally Hansen and it is just for this purpose. I clean and file my nails first and then give them a coat of clear Hard As Nails/again a Sally Hansen product. Then take the white nail pencil and run it under each nail. I will get some on the finger it self. but I just take a kleenex and rub that off. It always looks good and when it wears off I just touch it up again! HTH

By denise w (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Soak your fingertips in hydrogen peroxide. This is what manicurists use to do.

By lmm (Guest Post)

On vacation, cleaning seashells that had been soaking in bleach/water solution I found my fingernails to be the cleanest they had ever been. not really "white" but certainly very clean!

I just purchase one of those white nail pencils that Jonnie suggested....and wow it works great. I just started letting my nails grow (bad habit) and it now shows off my "new" nails. I'd go with the pencil :>