Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Cleaning Football Pants

How do I get white football pants white again?

By Jenn from Kenner, LA

By Lilac [18]09/04/2010

I washed my son's pants in carpet cleaner but they soon told me that the kids who were first string had dirty pants and the kids who sat on the bench had clean ones. The practice pants could not be cleaned no matter what I used.

By Delores [2]09/04/2010

When my son was playing football, his coach told us to soak the uniform pants overnight in the sink in water and dishwasher detergent. Back then it was only the granulated kind so don't know if the new gels will work or not. This did work great!

By Dawnie [4]09/02/2010

Original Krud Kutter Cleaner Degreaser! Spray directly on all stains work it in on both sides of the fabric and toss in the wash. You can even add a cup to your Laundry in addition to your detergent as long as it does not contain Bleach or Amonia. This is a great product. Most of the MLB teams use it on their uniforms.

RE: Cleaning Football Pants

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Cleaning Football Pants

How do I get my son's "white" football pants white again?

Leeza from Auburn, NY

RE: Cleaning Football Pants

I used Tide w/bleach on my grandson's white football and white baseball pants. Takes all the grass stains and dirt marks from sliding in baseball fields. (08/28/2006)

By Rosalie from San Diego, CA

RE: Cleaning Football Pants

I have always washed my whites with Cascade automatic dishwashing detergent. (dry) Usually 1 cup per full load, more when needed! Like football uniforms and little boys (I have 4, plus a dh, all into sports of some sort or another) :) (08/29/2006)

By SweetCali40