Problems With Maytag Neptune Washers

I purchased a Maytag Neptune Washer 4 years ago. I cannot use any liquid bleach in it because, more often than not, some clothing in subsequent washings show mysterious bleach spots. My appliance man assures me that it is impossible for this to happen since the last rinse water is completely spun out before the next wash cycle begins. Regardless of what he believes, it happens making it impossible for me to bleach clothes in this machine. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Mrs. J from Independence, KS

I have a regular washing machine & that happens to me as well. It has ruined a lot of clothes because it could be the next 10 washings that it happens on. I don't know how you have to load the bleach in that type of machine but I have to put the bleach directly in the water during the rinse cycle for it to not ruin the next loads.

Yes, this has happened to me too. I was using the bleach dispenser and think that the bleach was not completely dispensed every time. Anyway I now add the bleach as the washer is filling and have had no more problems. I guess even the "Maytag Repairman" doesn't know everything!

I have found this also, but have discovered that it is happening in the bathroom...due to several products, face care, medicines, etc. cleaners, that you do not think would do this, but do...especially on my towels...have ruined 3 of them...it was not the washing machine

i have this problem too. i discovered that the water pressure was too low if i was running anything else with water like the dishwasher. if enough water doesn't flow through the dispenser you get too much bleach in the trickle or none at all. mine wasn't emptying at all. i asked the repairman if this was the problem and he said he didn't think it was but i asked him to call the company and ask if it was possible and they told him it was very possible. since then i only run one water consumer at a time as we are on a well and i'm not putting in a more powerful pump in the near future!!

Another way clothes get bleach stains is when cleaning clothes that were used with bleach products are accidentally tossed into the washer with clothes, or stained clothing was pre-washed in the sink with bleach and not all of the bleach was rinsed out before putting the garment in the washer.

RE: My maytag neptune washing machine doesn't spin leaving my clothing fill with water and the machine smells of mildew

The door on my front load Neptune MAH-3 washer will not latch closed. It is a round, clear door.

Yes, I did not know why it occurred! It does not always happen but several loads are ruined. I also have mold in the washer. I hate this Neptune.

Me, too. Can't figure out a pattern either. I've ruined several things. I do mix 1/2 bleach 1/2 water into the dispenser cup as suggested, but I'm not sure what happens. Another thing. Why aren't my towels soft like they always were? This started since I have this HE washing machine.

One more issue. My husband shirts will often come out really smelly from the washing machine. They smell like a dishrag that has laid around too long. Sometimes my shirts, too. This happens without letting these shirts lay around at all!

The main thing is that all of these issues are sporadic. Perhaps it is when I am running a dishwasher at the same time?

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 20, 2006
HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
Laundry soap on top of a washer.
Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers
washing machine
Maytag Washer Error Codes
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎉
🎄