Puppy With Blood in its Stool

There are a number of reasons your puppy may have blood in its stool, some more serious than others. This is a guide about a puppy with blood in its stool.

October 24, 2016 Flag

Last Tuesday I gave my puppy her 5 in 1 shot and by Wednesday she could barely move and all she could do was poop and it had blood in it. Now it is 6 days later and I got Parvo Be Gone in mail. Now she eats like a horse, but still her stool is bloody. What is wrong with her?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

has your puppy been wormed by a veterinarian? Hookworms can cause blood in the stool. I have seem over the counter wormers cause problems with puppies so see your vet.

June 6, 2016 Flag

I recently got this 2 month old puppy who got her parvovirus vaccine and canine distemper andenovirus Type 2 parainfluenza vaccine and she's had kind of watery poop. This morning she had a little bit of blood in her poop. Is this normal? She's acting fine and active. I recently switched her food suddenly because she ran out so I had to run to the store.

A little pappy hase little blood in stool is this normal?

I have a 2 months old cocker spaniel. He had his physical at his vet's clinic and also a stool exam. He is update on his puppy's treatments. I noticed this morning he dropped a little bit of blood after he finished his poop. He is very active and happy and he loves to eat. My mother is giving him I believe to much wet food with his dry. Can this cause that? Dry Diamond for small breed. Wet lamb and rice or chicken and rice. One big teaspoon with around 1/3 cup dry. Please help!

November 9, 2015 Flag

My puppy just went to the vet and got his vaccinations and got wormed. He had runny poo for a awhile. Now he has hard poo, with blood in it. What does it mean?

Best Answer

Suggest you immediately contact your vet re this new condition; your puppy may need help now.

My 10 week old puppy is pooing and has blood in it

January 31, 2016 Flag

I have a 6 week old Staffy x American Bull dog. She had her first set of shots and worming the day I got her. It has been 3 days since then and I had been noticing a little bit of blood that comes out of her bum, but only after a poo (a really runny one). I took her to the vet and they said it's not parvo which was relieving, but they said I have to change her diet and only feed her dry biscuits and water. The problem is she won't eat the food the vet gave me. She hasn't eaten all day and I am getting worried. She is still playing and is full of energy. I just want her to eat something. Does anyone know of something else I can give her that will stop blood coming out? The vets aren't open all weekend and I need help know. Please.

I've never heard of a vet recommending dry food to a six week old. Of course she won't eat it. Six week old pups are not yet weaned. Please purchase some puppy replacement formula (try a pet food store or a feed store) to give your pup. Reintroduce soft food at eight weeks.

And switch vets.

By the way, if your puppy seems really hungry you can start supplementing with a little high quality soft food. But wait until the diarrhea clears up. A puppy's main food at this age is its mother's milk.

February 15, 2014 Flag

Why is my 2 week old puppy pooping blood?

By Bryce

Best Answer

It could be worms, or more devastatingly, parvo. Take your puppy to a vet immediately!

Get it to the vet ASAP!

October 27, 2015 Flag

My 16 week old puppy is having bloddy mucus after she poops the last 24 hours. What's going on?

Could be many possibilities. Please take your puppy to your vet ASAP to identify and treat the problem. The longer you wait, the more expensive the problem may become and the more your puppy suffers.

DCA is absolutely right. This should never be left.

September 8, 2015 Flag

I have just got a 2 1/2 month old Teddy Bear puppy, she is a cross between a Bichon Frise and a Shih Tzu. Since she arrived she has had really runny stools and there is blood in it, is this normal?

Obviously something is wrong! Please take her to your vet as she may have an internal infection which needs medical treatment that you cannot provide.

Blood in the stool may indicate hookworms.

December 9, 2012 Flag

I have a 6 week old Pit Bull mix puppy. She was the biggest of the litter and is huge compared to her sister. Since yesterday I have found blood in and around her stool when she goes to the bathroom. She is still energetic and playful. Shes eating and drinking OK. What could be causing this and how can I make her better? She is my daughter's puppy and it will destroy her if she comes home and it's dead. Please help.

By Crystal

This puppy should never have left it's mother until eight weeks old. And the answer to this very urgent question could have been for you to take the puppy to your veterinarian or have them come to you before the poor little creature dies.

What is CS? It would be more helpful to spell out this item, rather than leave people wondering! I can't figure it out, and it's possible the person you're trying to help can't either! I do agree that the puppy should see the vet immediately! I can't understand why people waste time asking questions online, when the animal's life may be in danger! Would you do that with your child?

February 6, 2011 Flag

I have a 10 week old Maltipoo puppy. I noticed on Friday (could of been there before that, but that was the 1st time I saw it) that she had blood in her stool. Her stools have been loose, somewhat watery. Not all the way runny diarrhea, but not hard easy to clean up poos either. The blood is not a lot, yet it is still there and scaring me!

I got her 2 weeks ago and she was eating Royal Canine puppy food. The breeder gave me a little baggie of it. I got her some Nutro puppy food and mixed them. She didn't want it (more than once she wasn't going for it.) I took the Nutro back and got Science Diet puppy food.

So at this point I had 3 kinds of food mixed together and have for probably the last week got her on just the Science Diet. She does not seem to care much for it still. I have been also putting a minimal amount (heaping teaspoon maybe) of some wet food in it to get her to eat it. She does like my adult dog's dry food though!

So she does have an appetite, she is definitely "not" lethargic, and she can be megaplayful at times during the day. She is drinking water too.

Oh yeah, also, she had her 1st round of shots almost 2 weeks ago and her 2nd deworming.

I don't have the money for a vet! Please help.

By Lori from CA

Switching dog food can give a dog diaharia so maybe try to keep her on a certain one for a while se if it helps if not go get her checked out

If your really worried pay the 18 dollars. But the dog may get used to the new diet if you let it.And if your REALLY worried find another vet.It is probably fine though

Load More
Pets Dogs HealthFebruary 13, 2013
young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
pug looking sad.
Dog With Soft Stool
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
🎄