Puppy With Blood in Stool

I have a 6 week old Pit Bull mix puppy. She was the biggest of the litter and is huge compared to her sister. Since yesterday I have found blood in and around her stool when she goes to the bathroom. She is still energetic and playful. Shes eating and drinking OK. What could be causing this and how can I make her better? She is my daughter's puppy and it will destroy her if she comes home and it's dead. Please help.

By Crystal

Anonymous

Many years ago, I had a brendle pit, and it did that. It sounds like parvo. The sooner you get it to the vet, the better, do not delay. They also vomit blood also if I recall right. Very serious and common disease in pits, from my understanding. Also very foul odor.

Sounds like parvo. Vet immediately. Hydrate hydrate hydrate. 2 enemas with colloidal silver from the vita specialty store. Enemas half hour apart. Germs mainly in large intestine. Enemas stop them from spreading. CS in and out. Spoonful, dropperful by mouth often. CS kills viral bacterial and fungal.Stay up all night to hydrate with pedialite, gatoraid, chicken soup, broth and CS Very contagious to other dogs. A killer. Do your best. Vet needs to IV fluids but usually no one stays the night at the hospital so you are best taking your dog and IV's home.

This puppy should never have left it's mother until eight weeks old. And the answer to this very urgent question could have been for you to take the puppy to your veterinarian or have them come to you before the poor little creature dies.

What is CS? It would be more helpful to spell out this item, rather than leave people wondering! I can't figure it out, and it's possible the person you're trying to help can't either!

I do agree that the puppy should see the vet immediately! I can't understand why people waste time asking questions online, when the animal's life may be in danger! Would you do that with your child?

Well, I had a puppy with what looked like blood in the stool, turned out she got into something with red dye. So, his about you leave your judgements st the door. Anyone who is questioning things that go on with their dogs care, not all can afford an emergency visit to the vet.

Are you feeding it red meat or dried liver? - as this could be the cause - a vet would be the best option.