Add a Sporty Neoprene Bicycle Grip to Your Cane

If you use a cane, your hand can get pretty sore using the hard handle. Go to a bicycle shop or discount store and buy a neoprene bike hand-grip. These fit perfectly over the cane. Your cane will now have a comfy, soft handle.

By Cyinda from Seattle

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks!

It is so nice to have help from people like you. You understand and found away to help with that which can be pretty painful.

My husband has to use canes and his hands hurt so bad. I am really happy to hear about this. Thank you so much for your tip we will be trying this! Thanks again, Darlene

HOW TO INSTALL BIKE GRIPS ON CANES:

There are several things I forgot to mention in my original post. The first is that Bike handles are usually sold in pairs & you can add half of the second one to make the soft part longer. BUT, the most important thing is that there's a trick to getting the neoprene on to the cane. To make the neoprene slip on easier be sure to use soap & water on the cane's handle. Any kind of soap will help the grip slip on to the cane itself. But if you have arthritis or your hands aren't as strong as they used to be, then go to a Bicycle Shop, they will usually put the grips on for free if you buy them there.

Another ideal I seen at church, was a man used a tennis ball on the end of his cane, that might help someone with limited grip for the hand. I'm talking about the end that goes in the hand.

Using a Cane
Using a Cane
Health & Beauty AdviceApril 8, 2008
Felt Candy Cane Ornament
Making a Felt Candy Cane Ornament
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Bicycle Wheel
Making a Recycled Bicycle Wheel Pot Rack
Broken Cane Chair
Repairing Cane Chairs
🎉
🎄