Repair a Large Screw Hole With Rope

If you have a hole that is to large for a screw, just put a piece of natural rope into the hole. I like jute or cotton rope the best. I tried toothpicks and wooden matches at first, but I've since found that rope works far better because it wraps itself around the screw so it fits tightly into the threads!

My Mom always used some threads from the steel wool pad (i.e., Brillo) which she inserted into the holes. The thread really caught onto the screws and made them tight again.

That's an excellent idea! You really have your thinking cap on. Thanks for passing on this tip - I'm saving this one, as I run into this problem once in a while.

Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 25, 2009
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Photo of a screw.
Removing a Stripped Screw