Use Cream Cheese as a Topping

I had an extra 1/2 package (3-4 oz.) of cream cheese left in the fridge and wanted to use it up. Well, we were having fajitas last night, and I had very little fajita seasoning. As I was looking for more fajita seasoning, I stumbled upon a packet of Ranch for veggie dip/what have you. I knew I didn't have sour cream, so instead, I mixed that half package of cream cheese with 1 Tbsp. of the Ranch mix and slapped it on our fajitas and boy was it gooood. I'm probably not the first who has discovered this, but I sure am glad I did. You can use more or less Ranch mix/cream cheese if you'd like.

Source: By me, out of desparity

By Stacy from Illinois

Clever, thrifty idea. I especially like where your idea came from - "out of desparity." I love it.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 24, 2008
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Brownies
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese