Start Baking Christmas Cookies After Thanksgiving

Just after Thanksgiving I start making my Christmas cookies. Each weekend I'll make a triple batch of one type of cookie. I'll scoop the cookies onto wax paper lined cookie sheets and cover with foil. Then I pop them into the freezer overnight. The next day I put the cookies in labeled zip top bags.

As Christmas nears and I need cookies, I pull out a few of each kind, allow them to thaw about 30 minutes and bake. Presto! All different kinds of fresh baked cookies. I just took the last batch to work today and they were as fresh as the first.

By Anniem from Kansas

I'd prepeare dough ahead of time if I had more freezer space. As it is, I don't have the room for this. :-( I have fixed a peanut butter chocolate chip dough, rolled it into a couple logs, wrapped in plastic wrap and parchment, and kept it in my freezer until needed. Just cut off however many circles for cookies and bake. Having the dough ready is a good idea!

What a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing this with all of us out here.

I like this, but most of all I admire organised people. At 71 I think I am too old to change, but I dips my lid to people who are. I live in anticipation of always doing better. Regards Jean, Maffra, Aussieland

I do this year round. I especially like keeping home made chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer. I put a few in the toaster oven and I have fresh home baked cookies in minutes! I put them in the oven frozen and after about 5 minutes in the oven, when they are soft, I pat them down with the back of a spoon to flatten them and then finish baking. Comes out great.

I used to start my Christmas baking in mid-October. I made about 6 batches of cut-out sugar cookies, a couple of batches of spritz cookies, a batch or two of gingerbread cookies, and one or two other kinds of cookies, plus 3 types of candies. If I didn't start in mid-October, I never would have finished it all by Christmas, especially since I hand decorated all the sugar and spritz cookies with colored icings. Now I don't even make cookies anymore, since I'm alone now and diabetic. I buy a package or two and make them last, by just eating a couple of cookies a day.

Colorful Christmas Tree Cookies Read to be Baked
Christmas Baking Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesJanuary 29, 2010
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Pumpkin soup inside a pumpkin.
Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start