Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs

Lots of buy now pay later websites have catalogs picturing their merchandise, that you can receive in the mail. This is a guide about buy now, pay later catalogs.

December 11, 2012 Flag

I have credit at Brylane Homes, The Avenue, Roamans, Seventh Ave., Ginny's, Gettington, Massey's, and Bill Me Later. I pay around $200/month total and I have about $4000 worth of merchandise: flat screens, Ipod touch, bedding, kitchen appliances, shoes, etc.

It works for my family of 4. Sidenote: Gettington is by far the best. They have the latest fashions and electronics and their prices are not inflated like you find in other catalogs. The worst catalog EVER created by mankind: Fingerhut. Everything is overpriced and out of date. Shameful.

By Marki

December 27, 2010 Flag

I have a poor credit rating. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to apply for a Buy Now, Pay Later catalog please? My daughter's birthday is 2 weeks away. The presents she asked for are things I can't afford out right. I have tried a couple of Buy Now, Pay Later sites but because of my poor credit rating I have been refused. Any ideas?

By DeeDee31 from United Kingdom

Answers:

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

I am not sure how old your daughter is; but I believe you should explain to her that you cannot afford those gifts right now. This is a life lesson; she needs to learn that we cannot always have what we want/what our friends have, etc. You don't want her to grow up and get into credit problems of her own! Determine what you can afford, and tell her that is the limit. It isn't easy; but it is so important to teach our children that money doesn't "grow on trees", as our parents used to say! (04/02/2009)

By Jilson

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

I agree with the post above. That's how we get into credit problems later. We want it now and we want it delivered as the saying goes. This is a great time to teach your daughter patience. This is the time to be a parent to your daughter and not a friend. She'll get over it. Hope you really think about this.
(04/05/2009)

By chef4u

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

My mother brought up three girls on minimum wage and we never felt poor. One of my favorite birthday gifts from her was a typed index card which expressed her love and was a gift certificate saying, as she didn't have money to buy me a gift, she was taking over my duty of one month of doing dishes (my older sister and I would alternate months of doing dishes). I still have the card. How many gifts do we hold onto for 50 years? Use your imagination and give your daughter a gift she will truly appreciate. It doesn't have to cost a cent. (04/05/2009)

By premies2

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

When my daughter had a birthday, last month, my wife and I took her to the Goodwill store (stores in the US that sell inexpensive used items) and let her buy what she wanted up to a pre-determined limit. She had a blast and learned the value of money; while continuing our teaching our kids that their value is not based on what they own but who they are inside.

Start now teaching your daughter how to avoid money problems when she is older and has her own family by creating a budget, stick to the budget, get out debt, build wealth and then do good with the money by giving. (04/05/2009)

By rjwilcox

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

Dee Dee, I'm sure you have tried but these folks are telling you what you need to know. The world is learning the hard way about credit buying. I loved the card to swap chores! There is another way besides buying things. Good luck (04/10/2009)

By 2oma

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

There is a group of those -Seventh Avenue, Midnoght Velvet, Ginny's, Country Door. They are all from the same company, but they still check.
There is also of course, Fingerhut. Good luck to you. I know it is not wise, but I have done the same myself at times, when I wanted to get something that I knew my kids really wanted. (04/13/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

If your daughter is only two, she doesn't have to have what she wants. Get her what you can afford. There was a couple times when my girls were in that age group, we gave them one small toy for Christmas and so that they would have a few more packages to open, we would buy them the pretty dress for them to wear to church the night of the program and then after they went to bed that night, it got wrapped and put under the tree. There was also a couple times they got birthday presents that were bought at rummage sales, etc. These girls weren't allowed to watch all the kid programs on TV, therefore they didn't see all the expensive toys advertised. Instead of TV they played. TV wasn't on, until the evening news. (11/24/2009)

By redhatterb

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

The Walmart site has a plan you can buy now and pay later, but I think you have to buy $200 or more worth of stuff. (11/24/2009)

By redhatterb

Why are all of you giving this woman credit advice.. I'm sure none of you would not get a gift for your 2 year old and say she will understand. Jeez the woman asked for some help and you all decide the best solution is not to get any gift?? Mind your own business and answer the question she asked or don't say anything...

Now for the baby girls birthday present,, Zulily now has payments on many items too. Swiss colony, Ginnys, and flex shopper lets u pay small weekly payments for a year. Happy Birthday to the little girl..I would send her a gift just because all those answers were not helpful to you

You and I and everyone all know what wise advise you all are giving. BUT SHE"S YOUR BABY GIRL! I know because I had one of those! She's 18 now, I gave her every thing she wanted no matter the sacrifice to myself. Now she's 18 and she lives somewhere else, and won't even return a letter or email to me, or acknowledge that I exist, and I don't know what in the world I've done! It's heart breaking. However, I'm not saying it's because I gave her everything she wanted, I was just thinking that the happiest people would rather have experiences than things. Like going somewhere special. Maybe its the same old place? Not when you're wearing a costume!! And I've heard that if you wash a stuffed toy and dry it it looks brand new. But, man, they sell adorable stuffed toys of good size for not much money, as long as it doesn't star in a cartoon. And make a pretty cake and sandwhich quarters and a back yard game or two and invite a few friends, and her birthday is SUPER AWESOME, something she'll never forget. You can look up DIY backyard games and make one out of cardboard, it's simple. and the food won't cost anything, and get a pack of kiddie jewelry and give each one a ring as she goes home. You can do EVERY bit of that for $20 if you work at it a bit. And the thing that will come through the most, is your incredible love for her. Also, you can try Carol Wright.com. No guarantees though.

Why are all of you preaching to this woman when what are u all doing on this forum in the first place. She doesn't need you all being mommy and daddy telling her not to do this or that. She asked a question answer the question and stop preaching as if you all are saints. This is ridiculous.

Consumer Advice ShoppingSeptember 15, 2012
A woman ordering from a catalog.
Ordering an LTD Catalog
Buy Now Pay Later Websites
Buy Now, Pay Later Websites
Colorful seed catalogs to be used in crafts.
Crafts Using Recycled Catalogs
A couple shopping online.
Sites Like ABC Distributing and LTD Commodities
🎉
🎄