Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs

Lots of buy now pay later websites have catalogs picturing their merchandise, that you can receive in the mail. This is a guide about buy now, pay later catalogs.

Solutions: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Buy Merchandise from Catalogs

I have credit at Brylane Homes, The Avenue, Roamans, Seventh Ave., Ginny's, Gettington, Massey's, and Bill Me Later. I pay around $200/month total and I have about $4000 worth of merchandise: flat screens, Ipod touch, bedding, kitchen appliances, shoes, etc.

It works for my family of 4. Sidenote: Gettington is by far the best. They have the latest fashions and electronics and their prices are not inflated like you find in other catalogs. The worst catalog EVER created by mankind: Fingerhut. Everything is overpriced and out of date. Shameful.

By Marki

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs.

Question: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

Does anyone know of a catalog company like Figis or Grandpointe who gives you credit with no credit check? I have tried a lot including Blair, Fingerhut, and Monroe and Main.

By Carlotta from Grafton, WV

Most Recent Answer

By Alice James02/27/2012

the site http://www.paylatershops.com has a list of stores with pay later

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

I have a poor credit rating. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to apply for a Buy Now, Pay Later catalog please? My daughter's birthday is 2 weeks away. The presents she asked for are things I can't afford out right. I have tried a couple of Buy Now, Pay Later sites but because of my poor credit rating I have been refused. Any ideas?

By DeeDee31 from United Kingdom

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

I am not sure how old your daughter is; but I believe you should explain to her that you cannot afford those gifts right now. This is a life lesson; she needs to learn that we cannot always have what we want/what our friends have, etc. You don't want her to grow up and get into credit problems of her own! Determine what you can afford, and tell her that is the limit. It isn't easy; but it is so important to teach our children that money doesn't "grow on trees", as our parents used to say! (04/02/2009)

By Jilson

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

I agree with the post above. That's how we get into credit problems later. We want it now and we want it delivered as the saying goes. This is a great time to teach your daughter patience. This is the time to be a parent to your daughter and not a friend. She'll get over it. Hope you really think about this. (04/05/2009)

By chef4u

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

My mother brought up three girls on minimum wage and we never felt poor. One of my favorite birthday gifts from her was a typed index card which expressed her love and was a gift certificate saying, as she didn't have money to buy me a gift, she was taking over my duty of one month of doing dishes (my older sister and I would alternate months of doing dishes). I still have the card. How many gifts do we hold onto for 50 years? Use your imagination and give your daughter a gift she will truly appreciate. It doesn't have to cost a cent. (04/05/2009)

By premies2

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

When my daughter had a birthday, last month, my wife and I took her to the Goodwill store (stores in the US that sell inexpensive used items) and let her buy what she wanted up to a pre-determined limit. She had a blast and learned the value of money; while continuing our teaching our kids that their value is not based on what they own but who they are inside.

Start now teaching your daughter how to avoid money problems when she is older and has her own family by creating a budget, stick to the budget, get out debt, build wealth and then do good with the money by giving. (04/05/2009)

By rjwilcox

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

Dee Dee, I'm sure you have tried but these folks are telling you what you need to know. The world is learning the hard way about credit buying. I loved the card to swap chores! There is another way besides buying things. Good luck (04/10/2009)

By 2oma

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

There is a group of those -Seventh Avenue, Midnoght Velvet, Ginny's, Country Door. They are all from the same company, but they still check. There is also of course, Fingerhut. Good luck to you. I know it is not wise, but I have done the same myself at times, when I wanted to get something that I knew my kids really wanted. (04/13/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

If your daughter is only two, she doesn't have to have what she wants. Get her what you can afford. There was a couple times when my girls were in that age group, we gave them one small toy for Christmas and so that they would have a few more packages to open, we would buy them the pretty dress for them to wear to church the night of the program and then after they went to bed that night, it got wrapped and put under the tree. There was also a couple times they got birthday presents that were bought at rummage sales, etc. These girls weren't allowed to watch all the kid programs on TV, therefore they didn't see all the expensive toys advertised. Instead of TV they played. TV wasn't on, until the evening news. (11/24/2009)

By redhatterb

RE: Buy Now, Pay Later Catalog

The Walmart site has a plan you can buy now and pay later, but I think you have to buy $200 or more worth of stuff. (11/24/2009)

By redhatterb