Using It All - Ointment

I keep a baby at my home during the week and I get so frustrated when the tube of Aquaphor Healing Ointment is almost gone and I just can't get the last bit to squeeze out! Knowing good and well that there is plenty still in there and I am going to have to throw it out! So I decided to cut the tube about an inch or so (depending on the size of the tube) below the (squeeze) top. Then all I have to do is scoop a bit out with my finger. I put the top part with what is left into a small ziplock bag. I was amazed at just how MUCH was left in there! Guess it will work with any sort of squeeze tube. Well, don't think I'd try it with toothpaste!

By Boo from West Columbia, SC

I absolutely use this technique with toothpaste! My DH doesn't use up all of the paste in his toothpaste tubes, so I save them and cut the tube about an inch-and-a-half below the top. Then I cut the crimp off of the tube, turn the long tube lengthwise and cut it up the middle. Now it's easy to get all of the toothpaste out of the tube. I also store the tube parts in a plastic bag until all of he paste is used up. I get at least a full month of free brushings from my DHs tubes this way every year!

I do this with toothpaste tubes too. I save all the tubes my husband uses, and cut them open and use the remainder. I often don't have to use much other toothpaste, as the remaining bit satisfies most of my needs. The rest of the time, I brush with baking soda and salt.

I have always done this with my tubes of paint. They're too expensive to waste even a little bit.

You can easily cut the bottoms off of plastic tubes for ointment, lotion and so on - to get to the excess product at the end & sides of the tube to get that last little bit - and then I usually just fold over the open end of the cut tube & fasten with a hair clip or even a paper clip or bobby pin. Then it is easy to store & then re-open!

Better Living Frugal Living TipsSeptember 10, 2008
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🎄
🍂