Milk and Honey Facial Mask

Ingredients

• 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. milk

Directions

Mix it together and rub it on your face. Lay on the floor (with a towel under you) for ten minutes. Rinse off.

i have just put on this face mask and it feels great.

it smells a bit weird but i think it will make my skin softer and it tastes good to

By Elzie

I have also heard that if you mix dried milk powder into your bath gels it adds that extra softness because of the lactic acid. I don't know exact amount to add though.

I have only just tried this trick and if I have good results I will keep everyone posted. I just poured the dry milk in and shook it up.

'Carnation' is a brand in the US that sells dry milk powder, but our local grocery stores also have their own store brands.

But I am a hugh fan of milk and honey, though. I believe it's been used for centuries in many countries as a beauty treatment. In fact, I read where Cleopatra bathed in milk (I think it was goat's milk though) to beautify her skin.

What I have been using for the past 3 days was ground up oats (I use a mortar but it can be done by a food processer too) and mixed it up well with honey to make a paste, added a touch of milk to thin it out (just a few drops) and sometimes a few drops of lemon juice, and smother it on my face, messaging the skin and concentrating on some rough spots or any spots that could use some "help", and leave on for about 20 min, then I just wash it off with warm water. It feels amazing! So far so good!

I have heard that Cleopatra has used milk too, but I read that it was "sour" milk.

My skin felt a lot softer after but I also added 2 tsp. flour which helped to exfoliate and thicken (you could also add sugar in replace of flour)

A woman applying a face mask at home.
Homemade Facial Mask Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceJanuary 15, 2008
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Jar of honey, two honeycomb, and spilled honey against a white background
Honey Facial Mask
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
🎉
🎄