Homemade Facial Mask Recipes

Category Facials
Face masks are a common part of a beauty regimen and can easily be made at home from natural products. Common ingredients can include avocado, honey, essential oils, yogurt and more. This is a guide for making homemade facial masks.

OK, so I just rinsed this off my face and I have to say, it's amazing!

After looking at several other facial recipes on here, I began to notice a pattern of the things people are putting on their face. I did some research then went into my kitchen and literally threw everything into a bowl that required minimal effort (I was too lazy to cut an avocado or kiwi or anything else of that nature). So because of the spontaneousness of this situation, I didn't really measure anything out. However I can estimate for you guys:

Now keep in mind, 1 part is like a dash of something. OK, so here are the reasons why I put each thing in: baking soda exfoliates and heals blemishes; lemon juice is a natural astringent, it loosens the surface skin cells so that they fall off revealing new, fresh skin; milk is for hydrating; oatmeal cleanses, relieves redness, irritation, and dryness, absorbs and removes dirt, is high in antioxidants, and is a gentle exfoliator; and finally flour contains vitamin E and removes dead skin cells.

So all you have to do is mix all the ingredients together (it should be a relatively thick paste with blotches of oatmeal) and apply it on your face with a clean foundation brush or even you fingers.

I completely covered my face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Afterward, splash a little water onto your face to moisten it up a bit more (by now your skin should be feeling very tight). Then massage the oatmeal into your skin to gently exfoliate. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Then completely rinse off.

Your skin should feel soft and refreshed!

By magikLAF

My friend and I were messing around; pretty much sticking everything we had ever heard was good for facial masks in a blender and whipping it up. we actually came up with a really nice one! it feels really good.

Ingredients

Directions

Like I said, we just stuck it all in a blender. Whip it until it makes a thick paste. If it's too dry, add more milk. Too wet, more cornmeal. Remember to take the tea out of the tea bags. You just want the leafy bits. The first time around, my friend just stuck the whole bag in. : p That made for an interesting mask.

Splash some hot water on your face to open up your pores before you start. Use it as a scrub at first. Make circles on your face with your fingertips with it. Once you've given your face a good scrub, pat on more in an even layer to make a mask of it. Don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes. (I've never left it on that long so I dont really know what would happen. You can be brave and daring and try if you feel so inclined). Wash it off with warm-hot water.

This makes enough for about 5 facials. Perfect for a girl party, or hey, even a guy party. Hope you enjoy it!

By Melanie from Wenatchee, Washington

My mom used egg whites as a facial mask, she always had a beautiful complexion (you never would have known she was 77). I used it when I was a teenager, I always had pretty clear skin myself. I have had people comment that I still have such a smooth complexion, I don't use them all the time because, quite frankly, I forgot about it. I remembered it a couple of days ago, so I'm going to start them again.

Instead of using eggs, separating them and wasting the yolks, I bought a carton of egg whites, it's a lot cheaper than commercial facial masks, you just put a little in a cup or bowl and whisk it as though you're going to scramble them (don't add any salt or pepper) .

Smooth it over your (dry) face and wait a few minutes for it to dry. You'll feel your skin pulling tighter but it's not painful, it actually feels pretty nice. Rinse it off with warm water. I've even put it on before my shower and rinsed it off in there. I have very sensitive skin and, since this is natural, it doesn't bother my skin at all. If you try this, I hope you like the results.

Great for exfoliating away all the icky dry skin!

Mix oatmeal and a little bit of honey. Mix and apply it to your face. Leave on till it dries; then just wash it off gently with warm water and a washcloth.

Mix it together and rub it on your face. Lay on the floor (with a towel under you) for ten minutes. Rinse off.

Blend ingredients in a blender. Pat on face and leave on until dry. Rinse.

Here are recipes for homemade facial masks posted by the ThriftyFun community. Post your own mask recipe or skincare tips below.

This guide contains homemade facial recipes. You don't have to spend a lot of money at a spa to enjoy a facial. Here are a number of different facial recipes for various skin types and needs.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A common household paper glue can be used as a facial mask to remove dry skin. This is a guide about use Elmer's glue as a face mask.

So I just threw in three ingredients in an attempt to clear an oily nose; some lime juice, toothpaste and some scrub. As soon as I put it on it started to burn!

Put all the ingredients in the bowl (I really don't use measurements, just kind of guess). Do not put the lemon peel in, only put a tiny bit of vegetable oil in, if too much is added it will ruin the consistency.

Chop apple up in blender. Add in honey and sage, and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Pat the mixture onto face until the honey feels tacky. Leave on 30 minutes and rinse. (for normal skin)

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Water poured over a small amount of oatmeal and rubbed on the face is very soothing and good for the skin. It is easy to do, just use a small amount.

For more treatment, add water to oatmeal and put the whole glop on your face and leave until it feels a little tight. By racing2elrod

This is a guide about making a green clay facial mask. You can mix powdered clay with numerous liquids, depending on the needs of your skin. A simple water and clay mask is great, but you can also use milk, yogurt, or even rose water.

Mixing yogurt and oats to make a facial mask is a natural frugal and effective homemade face mask. This is a guide about oats and yogurt face mask.

This is a guide about making a honey facial mask. Many people recommend using honey to cleanse your face.

Makes enough to cover 2 adult sized faces. Store extra in a container in the fridge.

Finely grind the flowering tops of evening primrose flowers, add to paste made of almond oil and ground almonds. Then apply as a face mask for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.

I have about everything wrong with my skin, it is acne prone, oily,and dry! I need organic facial mask recipes because I don't use any of the store bought chemical ones. Please help me!

Answers

My sweet, what are u eating? What are u drinking? Do u smoke? Do you touch your face a great deal? Do you take Multivitamins? (such as the 30 Day Bauty Secret - not the common ones you find in any chemist).

By (Guest Post)

Hello!
I use to have problem skin too. Here was my solution:

I take some vinegar (white) and water it down to a mild level. I wash my face with it twice a day (morning and night) with a clean white wash cloth soaked in it (if your skin is too raw or has sores/scabs on it use witch hazel at first and especially 100% pure cotton balls instead of cloth, but in the end vinegar and wash cloths is what has to be used for best results). I am gentle in my scrubbing, and aways am sure to wash my hands before washing my face. I do not rinse the vinegar off but leave it on, and the smell does not stay. I also keep my hair clean and my hands off my face at all times, if I can. If I HAVE to touch my face I make sure my hands are very clean.

My skin is doing very well now!! It took a little time, but now my skin looks and feels clean and balanced. Acne has cleared up and dead skin removed.

More tips:

I have oily skin and I NEVER put face lotion on it or anything else for that matter, including face make up. I basically wear just colored lipgloss most days.
And I know there is a lot of arguing on this point but from my personal experience what you eat DOES matter. Stay away from fatty foods and food chemicals as much as you can. A trusted doctor of mine says these can, at least, contribute to skin problems.

Hope these tips help sweetie! Hang in there and know there is lots of hope!

Hello,

I have some lovely organic face mask recipes. Please check them out at http://www.organicpassion.info or go directly to the Home Remedies for Acne post at http://organicp  medies-for-acne/

Good luck,
Kathlyn

the net is moving to slow for me to do this for you right now - but google: "uses for ordinary things".
then go to the first one that mentions reader's digest. One of the tips for acne was to use asprin on it but I can't remember the exact "how to" for now.

While I don't know any homemade concoctions I do love the pore refining mask from burts bees. In fact I love the whole burts bees personal care line. They use natural ingredients and offer there products at affordable prices. For the dry skin I would use aloe vera gel. Make sure it is alcohol free, dye free, and fragrance free. I like Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly. I now use it as my only moisturizer except when sunscrean is needed. Good luck!

I hope you find something on here that will help you! I found this site a longgg time ago and it's my go-to place :)

http://www.geoc  8088/beauty.html

here is the index

Aromatherapy & Bath Oils, Powders & Salts

Deodorants

Eye Care

Hair Care

Hand, Foot & Nail Care

Make-Up Recipes

Skin Care

Teeth, Gum & Breath Care

Laurie

Thanks for ur help everybody but the face mask that really worked for me was a tomato-oatmeal mask here it is...

BLEMISHED SKIN MASK

1 Tomato, ripe, chopped
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Instant style oatmeal or old-fashioned rolled oats

Blend everything until just combined. Apply to skin, making sure the mixture is thick enough to stay on blemished areas: cheeks, forehead, or chin. If necessary, add a bit more oatmeal to thicken the mask. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then scrub it off with a clean washcloth dipped in warm water.

Try this Face Scrub. It will help you.

Strawberry face scrub:

Take hundred grams of strawberries.
One teaspoon of lemon juice.
Two teaspoons of milk powder.

Mash the strawberries and obtain the pulp.

Mix the pulp with lemon juice and milk powder. The scrub is made and ready to use. Apply it on face and neck.

After fifteen minutes, scrub it away by using fingertips and wash your face with tepid water in which juice of half a lemon is added. Splash cold water on your face.

http://mynatura  ps.blogspot.com/

I love to make my own homemade face masks, but I know some stuff isn't safe to use daily. What ingredients are safe to use daily and what ingredients are not safe to use daily? Thanks.

By Cera

Does anyone know a good recipe for a natural face mask? One that will make skin soft, but not oily.

By Greenie

I have started to experiment with homemade skin products and essential oils, having read an article about the chemicals in skin products. I am building up the oils, etc. and would like to start making natural peels and face masks. Could anyone tell me which is the best cosmetic clay to purchase for mature skin? Once again, many thanks.

Helen x

By helen

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.