Using Elmer's Glue as a Face Mask

This is a page discussing using Elmer's Glue as a face mask. Although Elmer's Glue is non-toxic, it is probably not the best ingredient to use as a face mask. Dermatologists generally discourage this beauty treatment and recommend purchasing something formulated for delicate facial skin.

A quick easy beauty tip. Paint Elmer's Glue on your face, after it dries peel it off and it removes dead skin. By Linda from Oceanside, CA Editor's Note: Although Elmer's Glue is non-toxic, it is probably not the best substance to use as a face mask. Dermatologists generally discourage this beauty treatment and recommend purchasing something formulated for delicate facial skin.

By Fran Marie (Guest Post)
Top Comment

The skin absorbs anything that is put on it. The ingredients in Elmer's is not made to be filtered through the human liver.

While it may be effective in removing dead skin the chemicals are not made for use on the skin.

Top Comment

well, after this i did a search and found out that Elmers glue is not toxic and then I came across uses and more than once it was stated that it was a good facial, so it is confusing, guess it is just as easy to use a facial masque meant for the face. Linda in Oceanside, Ca.

Top Comment

You should not put anything on your face that is not meant for human skin. There are chemicals in products that could either damage your skin or even poison you. Just buy the mask.

You're going to think I'm crazy, but this idea really works for beautiful skin! Take plain Elmer's glue (you can buy it at Walmart) and rub it all over your face. Keep away from eyes and mouth. Let dry completely. Gently pull off all of the glue OR use a warm wash cloth and gently scrub it free from your skin. Your skin will feel so soft.

Do once or twice a week.

By Jaci from SW MO Editor's Note: Although Elmer's Glue is non-toxic, it is probably not the best substance to use as a face mask. Dermatologists generally discourage this beauty treatment and recommend purchasing something formulated for delicate facial skin.

If you use face masks you're still using chemicals, so what's the difference?

Answers

Best Answer

Normally this is used with charcoal to make a fase mask. Here is a good site that will tell you how to use Elmer's glue and charcoal to make your face mask.

www.allure.com/.../blackhead-removal-elmers-glue-dermatologists

Best Answer

You could use egg whites as a mask and there are no chemicals.

Best Answer

It can cause burns so I would not use it. All chemicals can. I am not a fan of any store bought face masks. Best to keep your face clean with warm water and a clean wash cloth. I have not used soap on my face in years and my skin is very healthy.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I saw this on T.V. a couple weeks ago, can't remember where I saw it, but I thought it was interesting.

Us women are always looking for a good face mask, well we all know there are a million types out there and they are not always a reasonable price. Well here is one that is cheap and I assume would do the same thing, clean out your pores. Open your craft closet and get out the Elmers Glue, yep glue. Spread it all over your face, wait for it to dry and then peel away. It does the same thing those expensive facial masks do, right! It will not hurt you, I tried it, so give it a try. We all have Elmers Glue laying around.

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

Answers:

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

I used to put this on my hands as a kid so it felt like I was peeling my skin off, so I know it can't hurt. Makes sense to me! (08/26/2008)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

I did this only once and it hurt a lot! I must have microscopic hairs that I can't see. The glue pulled them out when it dried. (08/26/2008)

By Pam

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

Wow! That's a great tip. I also used to have fun pulling it off of my hands when I was little!
The great thing about it is that it's on sale here now at Staples (I stocked up with 4 bottles) for .18!
Thanks! (08/26/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

I'm not so sure it'd be safe to put so many chemicals all over your face. It's one thing if the stuff gets stuck on your hands, but smearing so much glue on the sensitive skin of the face.? Uh-uh.

Egg whites make a great face mask, without the chemicals. Just smear them on, let 'em dry, then wash the dried mask off with a wet washcloth. :-) (08/26/2008)

By Melanie Jackson

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

It hurts when pulling on hairs and there is no way it can be good for skin. It is glue after all, not Olay face mask. Try using honey or egg whites. (10/15/2008)

By amy

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

This is crazy! There's probably weird chemicals in the glue. Why would you put it on your face? (12/17/2008)

By Dani

Use Elmers Glue As a Face Mask

This actually works because glue is a byproduct of collagen. Collagen consists of fibrous tissues and proteins from animal biproducts. Gross, I know. But what do you think you are injecting in your face. Try Gelatin masks too, this also has collagen in it (12/09/2009)

By Lindsey

In These Pages
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceJune 27, 2017
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-16 18:20:49 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️