Elmer's for a Facial

A quick easy beauty tip. Paint Elmer's Glue on your face, after it dries peel it off and it removes dead skin. By Linda from Oceanside, CA Editor's Note: Although Elmer's Glue is non-toxic, it is probably not the best substance to use as a face mask. Dermatologists generally discourage this beauty treatment and recommend purchasing something formulated for delicate facial skin.

By Fran Marie (Guest Post)
Top Comment

The skin absorbs anything that is put on it. The ingredients in Elmer's is not made to be filtered through the human liver.

While it may be effective in removing dead skin the chemicals are not made for use on the skin.

Top Comment

well, after this i did a search and found out that Elmers glue is not toxic and then I came across uses and more than once it was stated that it was a good facial, so it is confusing, guess it is just as easy to use a facial masque meant for the face. Linda in Oceanside, Ca.

Top Comment

You should not put anything on your face that is not meant for human skin. There are chemicals in products that could either damage your skin or even poison you. Just buy the mask.

Lilac, I did a little research about this because we don't ever want to have an unsafe tip on the site. I found this article that talks to several experts and their advice is mixed. I would say that it is probably not the best idea but not really unsafe.

www.allure.com/.../blackhead-removal-elmers-glue-dermatologists

I'm going to make your comment "best answer" so it always shows and add an editor's note.

did not know that, thank goodness I am a Essiac tea drinker which keeps my liver clean. Well, how about scotch tape, I have heard of that removing dead skin fast, would that have chemicals? Sorry to pass this on and not realize it is not a great idea, to look beautiful on the outside but maybe get ill on the inside!

By sandy (Guest Post)

sounds pretty strange to me. no the contents are not made to put on skin, even tho you do crafts with elmers.

it still is not graded for the skin.

It's time for a reality check, People. If you wash your face twice a day with a terry cloth and apply an amount of pressure suitable for your skin type, you will remove all the dead skin cells that need removing. As for those not removed, they are staying attached to the under layer for a reason.