Reviews of Assurance Wireless Low Income Free Phone Plan

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a "free" phone with 250 minutes from Assurance Wireless? One can add money to this account if needed for texting, etc., not necessary though. This is for low income people.

I have seen this advertised and I am a bit hesitant to send them the required information with my husband's social security number on the proof of income. Is this a "deal too good to be true?" Thanks ahead of time for any information that anyone can send to me. My husband is on disability and I would like to get him a cell phone.

By Mary from Mendenhall, MS

We got our free cell phone and minutes from Safelink. We are in PA. Safelink is not "too good to be true". Our free phone arrived within a week and we get a certain amount of free minues every month. After a year we were able to renew easily because we were still on one of the govenment programs. It's been wonderful.

It is not " too good to be true". I have one and know several others who do also. They are just a phone: no camera or fancy fearures. But you do get the free phone and free minutes.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 11, 2011
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
android phone
Walmart's Straight Talk Cell Phone Plan Reviews
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Troubleshooting a Wireless Keyboard