Walmart's Straight Talk Cell Phone Plan Reviews

Choosing the best cell phone plan for you can be a daunting task. This is a guide about Walmart's Straight Talk cell phone plan reviews.

How good is Walmart's Straight Talk Plan? I would like to hear feedback for the current year 2012.

By Bobbi

Answers

I had the straight talk phone and loved it. Just make sure if u do get one that they use Verizon towers because my local Walmart plan didn't use Verizon tower but another Walmart did. The only reason I don't have it now is because I got on a plan with my cousin with another co. that is a real good deal but the service is lousy and my brother took over my phone and he too loves it. Hope this helps you.

Has anyone used Straight Talk prepaid cell phone sold at WalMart? You have to purchase the phone, but the plans are very reasonable like: 1000 talk and 1000 text for $30 and most minutes must be added every month. Also, unlimited talk and text for $45.

WalMart said they sell a lot of them and have not heard any complaints. For someone with no land line this sounds like a good deal. I'd like your comments, if you've use Straight Talk. Thanks

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Answers

Why don't you consider purchasing a Tracfone. It's less expensive then the Straight Talk prepaid cell phone. It's also a prepaid phone plan. Tracfone has expanded their calling area all over the USA. I got rid of my Verizon Wireless prepaid plan since I was paying more per minute than the Tracfone.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have coverage for that type of phone. When I moved to TN I had an AT&T phone. In my new home I had no reception. Friends who came to visit would try their phones and find they had no signal either. It wasn't until a visiting nurse stopped by with a Verizon phone that I found out what service was best for my location.

Not saying Verizon is the best choice for you; just saying make sure what you get can do the job you want it to.

My husband and I didn't want a contract when ours was done with Sprint so we bought phones from Boost Mobile. It is $50 a month unlimited for everything (calls, texts, internet, and walkie talkie), and the reception has been very good. We love it and they have plans that you can pay for minutes. We bought our phones on sale and saved big money.

I researched every company that has no contract phones and for the money Boost was the best for our needs. The Walmart Straight Talk is supposed to be good but we did not like the phones they had. Oh, and Boost is actually Sprint/Nextel so it works where they work, we are outside Philadelphia, Pa and have had no problems.

My brother in law got one and it wouldn't pick up any where he went back to his att go phone. oh a walmart wouldn't refund his money either

I agree with MCW. I have had ONLY Tracfone since purchasing a cell phone in 1997 and won't even consider anything else! It is the cheapest plan; no contract to sign and can be renewed and updated (new phone) whenever you choose. Have had no trouble with them or it yet and the plus side of renewing your minutes is this: you always get "free added days or months" to your service plan for renewing. This doesn't answer your question, but just wanted to suggest another option.

I have had a Boost Mobile phone for the last several years and love it. I have the $50 Unlimited plan (phone, text, internet, walkie talkie) and have never had a problem with coverage or customer service. Both my daughters, my son in law, and several friends have the same plan and we love it!

I'm a little late - haven't checked my e-mail in a while. I used to love Tracfone until my phone broke and I bought a replacement. Then they could not make my voice-mail work which was really hard when I went on vacation. It seems a lot of people have advice on a lot of phones and nothing good about the one you were asking about.

I have used Tracfone for 6 years. I buy the yearly card that comes with 400 units; and there is usually a promotion that gets extra units. I do not use it much; and always carry over unused units to the next year. Love my Tracfone.

I have the straight talk service and it works great for me. I have had Tracfone before and it's not a good plan if you use your cell a lot. Yes with straight talk you buy the phone and the plan separate but that way you get the phone that's best for you. like if you use mobile web a lot then you might want a touch screen or if you text then you might want a full keyboard, and if you don't use it for much but talk and text once and awhile than the cheap $30 phone is fine. I've found that tracfones are a pain if you use your cell on a regular basis and are MUCH more expensive than straight talk.

I have also done those "no contract" planes through other providers and they cost more and have a lot of strings attached. With straight talk you get exactly what they tell you your getting. You can go with unlimited talk text and web for $45 a month, or pay $30 and still get 1000 min and 1000 texts and an hr or 2 of web. You can switch them anytime you want you don't have to wait till 30 days is up, and most other "no contract" plans make you wait so if you run out of anytime minutes you have a phone that only works after 9pm. So even with buying the phone you wont find a better deal than that, and trust me I've looked

I have the unlimited $45 package. Its great. Very basic phone but it's all I need and so cheap! And service has been wonderful. No issues at all!

First they don't tell you that if you buy a phone with a sim card that it wll only work in the area around your zip code that you supplied before you purchase it. So if you want a phone that has a Qwerty keyboard then you have to spend at least $200 on the phone. I purchased the Samsung T401G which has qwerty keyboard and sim card for 98.44. The phone will work about 5 miles from my house. I have plenty of bars but when I try to make a call it says emergency calls only.

I've been told that when I take these phones back to Walmart that I will not receive refund for the $105.00 I spent on the activated cards for 3 phones. I can return the phone, get one without qwerty kb, and it's supposed to work fine. According to out of country service rep, I'll probably have to get new cards if I want to keep my same phone number. Sounds like the whole thing is a load of BS. Beware of this company! Wouldn't you just like to speak to someone who speaks English so you feel like they can understand your problem!

Straight Talk is definitely the way to go. I picked up the Samsung R41C phone that has a slide out keyboard and it's reeaally nice. You just have to make sure your area has coverage. If you go to their website, they have a nationwide coverage map. The straight talk service rides on both GSM and CDMA enabled towers so you should have a sufficient amount of coverage wherever you are. Also, you save a buttload of money by switching to ST from other carriers so I'd definitely recommend you picking up one at Walmart!

Straight talk is in my opinion the best plan out there. I was really tired of paying like 70 bucks a month and the hidden fees were so stupid. Now I only pay 45 bucks for unlimited calling and texting with no monthly bills or contracts. Awesome!

I feel by now most people have covered what you get for that $45. So just to add some other detail here, I recently picked up a smart phone through Straight Talk-they have a couple to choose from, but take note that the smartphones they offer all run off the gsm (AT&T) network, so make sure you are in the right area for gsm. If not and you need a cdma (Verizon) network phone, they do also offer some pretty good choices, but not smart phones. I find with the addition of smart phones to their line-up, you can now make so much better use of your unlimited everything plan.

I am very pleased with my straight talk phone to say the least. I knew that I would be getting unlimited texting and talk with my straight talk phone but I just found out that I actually get unlimited web service as well. Straight talk is the best service running on the Verizon network.

My son lives in a mobile home park in a very small town.We live in the same park and we use sprint. Our service isn't great. His Straight talk phone is wonderful!! No matter where he goes it works very well! The nice thing is, you can call the Straight Talk company and they will find a local number for you no matter where you live.. we can call his cell from our home phone free! We don't have long distance on our home home (we use the minutes on our cell for LD) He gets unlimited Internet,text,and talk time for $45 and the taxes etc are a lot lower than our sprint phone. I would tell anyone to get one.

Oh to add to this, the Straight Talk web site told us our particular area wasn't available to use,we were so disappointed. I called Wal-mart, just happened the Tech in the dept just happened to live near us. He said, hey I live there too. I can personally guarantee you mine works and so will yours! We are about 10 miles from a tower, our sprint phones blank out a lot. The Straight Talk never does!

I have found Straight Talk a breath of fresh air, I only pay $45.00 for unlimited talk/text/data with free 411 calls. Straight Talk uses the Verizon and AT&T network which means uninterrupted calls.

Love my Straight Talk Samsung R355c. Most of all I have saved in 3 months almost $200. ST does not have contracts or hidden charges. I have the $45 unlimited plan and just purchase another as a landline for my home. The good thing about this landline usage is that I can carry with me my home phone, just in case the alarm goes off. Wal-mart has sold a lot for Christmas, it will be nice for a Valentine's Gift as well. Start saving by switching to Straight Talk.

I own a Straight Talk and I have saved money in the 5 months I switched. For $45 a month unlimited plan or the $30 a month with 1000 min. of talk/text/free 411 calls/& 30mb of data you can save and have a reliable cellphone when you use it. I switch but first I shopped around for the cellphone that was right for my use, and found it with Straight Talk. Switch and Save today.

Last month Straight Talk called me and told me that I was over my limit.
I buy the unlimited at 45 dollars a month plan. If it's unlimited, why did they call me?

By Nana

Can I use any cell phone with Walmart's unlimited Straight Talk plan?

By piggy

I just bought a new, unlocked GSM phone and would like to use WalMart's unlimited talk/text plan month by month. Is this possible if I did not buy the phone from them?

By cwsch

Is it true that Walmart has an unlimited, reduced price cell phone plan for $35 per month for disabled and indigent shoppers?

By TENA D

Can I use the phone I have at the current time?

By Bob W.

I would like to get away from ATT. I tried purchasing a Straight Talk card for $45. It does not work in my iPhone 4. I tried to order one from Straight Talk, but was told they sell them in 10 states and Oklahoma was not one of them. Help!

By Shelley

How do register for my email on my Straight Talk cell phone plan?

By Glynn