Removing Cooking Grease Spatters from Window Glass

Does anyone know how to remove deep fryer fat from off a window? I tried Windex, but it just smudges and does not remove it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

By Debbie from Yarram, Victoria

Try making a paste of baking soda and very little water--just enough to make it spreadable. Leave it on the grease spots for a while. Check every so often to see if it is working. If not apply again & wait a little longer. Wipe off with a paper towel. It should turn into a substance with the consistency of chewing gum when it comes off. (I used this idea on a very greasy stove top one time because I didn't want to use a caustic cleaner. It worked very well.)

You'll be surprised but, try fabric softener sheets. wet one and start wiping off. you'll probably need several. It really does works. I use it on my back splash and oven hood.

I've had this problem too. I used a scraper with a razor blade first,then used window cleaner.It makes the job easier.

Sprinkle 'Whiting' on a damp, sudsy sponge and gently wipe over the area. The whiting will stick to any grease or foreign objects.

Whiting Is a very fine, white powder used for polishing glass, as well as any porcelain items such as ovens, sinks, tubs, etc. and is used in Automobile polishes & waxes (the white dust after buffing). Commercial Painters primarily use it for thickening paints. You can purchase Whiting in Paint Stores that generally cater to Paint Contractors; not expensive Usually under $5 for a 1lb container, but that 1lb will last the average homeowner yearsa little goes a longggggg way!!

To clean windows; you can sprinkle onto a damp, sudsy cloth or sponge and the powder will adhere to any debris without harm.

Use a cloth that will not scratch glass!!!!

When washing my car, I dampen the glass and clean the windows and windshield with the whiting to remove the street grime. Then I begin the normal washing technique which removes all the whiting during the processwindows are virtually free of road grime when finished

I have a greasy range hood. I am going to give both those ideas a try to see which one works better. Thanks.

For tough grease removal, while at the paint store ask for TSP (TriSodium Phosphate) eats grease. :)) Read the instructions and wear gloves; if you don't your hands will be very, very dry.

I would try a mix of corn starch and water (not hot or it will cook!) spray or wipe on and wipe off with another cloth.

Try plain white vinegar.

Home and Garden Cleaning GlassFebruary 7, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes