Redecorating Room With a Dirt Bike Theme

I am redecorating my 7yr old boy's room. He wants to have a flame/dirtbike themed room with lots of chrome. I need any ideas out there on how to do this on a budget. I am into using any props as he does not have much in the way of funiture but we do have lots of dirtbike stuff. Please help with any ideas we are doing this over Feb 9-14 while he is away!
Thanks
Leanne from Lake Country, Canada

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I think you can get chrome spray paint (if you don't find it in the hardware section, look in the automotive section). If you have lots of dirt bike spare parts, maybe you could make some furniture with them. Maybe a table or even a lamp (you can get the kits to make a lamp at most hardware stores). You could also frame old an old dirt bike jacket for wall art. Another option for wall art is to scan a picture of him with his dirt bike and use some simple photo editing tools to enlarge and modify it for a "pop art" action look. An old helmet might make an interesting lamp, with a store-bought shade. You could cover the shade with flame-patterened fabric to go with the room's theme. If you can't find dirt bike or flame patterened linens and/or curtains (or if they're too expensive), you could get some fabric to make your own. I hope that gives you some ideas!

Camilla

Paint the walls deep red. Using one of his dirt bike tires, brush dark gray paint on half of the tire, transfer the tire design to his walls. At the bike shop, purchase chrome front wheel sprockets and hang on the walls randomly. Purchase solid dark gray curtains and use new bike chains as tie backs. Hang one of his old motocross riding jerseys on the wall. Take black-n-white pictures of his dirt bike, enlarge to 8x10 and put in silver metalic (chrome) frames. (try artisticsensations.com; you will see a flame red and yellow comforter that reverses to yellow). If he needs a dresser, go to Home Depot and purchase a HUSKY Black Tool Tower

Model 92-2752-6BK Store SKU # 526 558; $299.00. It is a tall Tool Box with drawers. It comes in black. One last thing, again at the bike shop, purchase a

Aluminum Dirt Bike Stand to use as a chair/stool.

Hope this helps!!

Using mud colored paint you could "splatter" paint a wall. You could also mount the front portion of a bike on the wall like a rider is "breaking through the wall".

I also suggest splotching brown on the bottom of the wall to make it look like dirt. In the background could be mountatins and dust

I want to redecorate mine and my little sisters' room.we want something like we where out side.we need it to be really cheap because we're moving and my mom and dad wont be working for a while. we also need it to be fast and easy.

black paint on dirbike tires can make the walls very interesting when you run the tires along the wall once you have applied paint. this can be time consuming but is well worth it. it looks great when done well. use a tire for a 50 or 65 cc bike for smaller tire marks.

Leanne=Good luck I am doing the same theme in my son's room. There are some great ideas here. I found a really cool ceiling fan on ebay. I am having a terrible time finding bedding what are you doing for bedding? Let know at materialmommy (at) adelphia (dot) net. Thanks

I'm doing the same thing in my son's room. I found a site (below) with some things I thought were cute. They have bedding but I am going to decorate the room and leave the bedding plain as I haven't found dirtbike bedding I like.

http://www.dirtkids.com/home_decor.htm

Anybody know of any good web sites for buying dirt bike bedding ??

I downloaded pictures of dirtbikes and copied them. Then I printed them out to make a collage on his wall, I am also in the process of doing a diamond plate chair rail aroun his walls. There are comforter sets out there from Smooth Industries and No Fear. Good Luck!

There is No Fear and Smooth Industries that have everything you could want.

Thanks to all your feedback i can do my sons room. I thought i was alone tring to find dirt bike room theme stuiff

I am an artist that specializes in custom art and I am in the middle of creating canvas motocross murals if anyone is interested. My 5 year old is racing this summer and will be seling custom dirtbike murals at the races. www.jeansart.com

i need help finding stuff to iwant to do his walls yellow

""

I found diamond plated tool chest at sears. Stack-on brand. It looks great and is durable. There is a monster bed collection but is very pricy.

Does anyone have any pictures of their kids dirt bike themed rooms? If someone knows where to get dirt bike fabric, I can make the bedding.

Smooth Industries makes comforters, sheets, pillow cases, garbage cans, curtains... etc. Anything you can think of!! http://www.smoothindustries.com/

forward me any photos of your completed mx themed room @ awickedwahine AT msn.com Mahalo for your ideas

Visit www.dirtwerkz.com they have a few different bedding sets, curtains, pillows, sleeping bags and a lot more. Good Luck.

Try

http://www.dirtwerkz.com/

Make a valance and on the end of the rod put dirt bike handle grips.

Still in the process of doing my son's room. took pics of him riding his 125cc and uploaded and ordered a 4 ft by 6 ft fathead to put on his wall. Just an idea....

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Kids SpaceFebruary 9, 2005
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Bicycle Name Plate
Making a Bicycle Name Plate for Child's Bike
Rusty bike leaning against a stone cottage wall.
Removing Rust from a Bike
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 12:12:36 PM on 10.0.1.65 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.