Valentine's Mailbox Box Ideas

One of the staple craft projects for Valentine's Day is making a card box. This is a guide about Valentine's box ideas.

This is a Valentine's mailbox that I made for my neighbor girl. They had a contest at school and she won second place with it.

I just glued white material onto a box and then glued lace material over that. Then I glued on ribbon, beads, and other lace. The hearts were decorated with lace and beads and glued to back of box. I inserted her photo in a smaller heart inside the middle large one.

By Lula from Norman, AR

First, let me say you are very talented. The box is beautiful.

Maybe next time this situation arises you can have the child come over and do her own project, one that she can take pride in. Not every child has someone to help them do such things (the word being HELP, not doing the whole project) The school was wrong to have a contest so unfair, you followed their loose guidelines so I don't see you being at fault. Sad that a lot of kids probably put a lot of work into theirs on their own and lost to a bunch of boxes made by grownups/older siblings, etc.

I made a cake for girl scouts, not having a mother that could cook I actually followed all three rows of instructions, 1 egg here, 3 here, 2 here. You see what I mean. I realized it was too soupy, so I thickened it with tapioca pudding out of a box without added ingredients and added a couple drops of peppermint extract. (I just didn't want to not bring something) I frosted it and won! They asked what I put in the cake and I told them I had no real clue and quietly told them what I had done. )

I was happy my cake won and a few year later I signed on for 4 years of cooking classes in high school. I can now cook, but that cake taught me not to be afraid to experiment with my mistakes. I would not have been proud of my cake if someone else had made it for me and I won.

Maybe you can write a letter to the school about future contests and making them fair.

Instead of using the standard shoe box for your kids' Valentine's mailbox, decorate an empty cereal box instead. It fits better in their backpacks.

By Loretta

(b)HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYBODY(b)

I was wondering if anyone had any great creative Valentine box ideas? Pictures are great too to see the box. Thanks.

By Anne from Kansas City, MO

Best Answer

We created a different type of love bug using a hinged shoe box and a paint stick for a handle.

1 of 2 pics

Best Answer

Pic 2 - open mouth

Best Answer

Other hinged shoebox version

Best Answer

and open

Best Answer

We bought a styrofoam bait bucket from the sporting goods department at a local Wal-Mart and painted the top brown and the bottom orange (like a terra cotta pot). We made tissue paper flowers and inserted them in the top with pipe cleaner. We cut a slit in the lid. Viola, a flower pot.

Best Answer

We used a postal service Priority box to make a Zune MP3 player. We attached a piece of yarn with marshmallows on the end for headphones.

Best Answer

You can do anything with crumpled newspaper and masking tape. My second grader wanted an alligator, after watching his brother a few years earlier make a shark. If they can draw they can sculpt and it is fun to see what they come up with.

I have made Spongebob for both of my kids in the past. It works perfect for a shoe box, since he is a rectangle. So cute, and the kids love him. Don't have a picture, sorry.

I'm looking for ideas for creative Valentine's Day shoe box designs for children's Valentine cards. I have a variety of fabrics and trim; ribbon etc., and I am looking for inspirations!

Thanks,
Thiah

Answers:

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

One year in grade school, I had a Valentine's box decorated as a radio. The tuner was the slot. (02/06/2005)

By calnorth

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

Last year when my daughter was in 2nd grade we made a washing machine. We just made it out of a box and wrapped it in construction paper. We used candy hearts for the buttons. We even had one of her baby socks hanging out of the lid. She won for most creative. (02/11/2005)

By jb

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

Use the box and make it look like a love bug by giving it heart shaped eyes and nose, heart shaped antennas and feet. Or you could turn it into a dog using hearts for the ears, eyes, nose, feet and tail. (02/02/2006)

By Tammy Crawford

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

Use the box as a field of flowers. Cut up tissue paper into little squares. Put glue all over the top of the box. Take a pencil's eraser and stick the tissue paper on it while you are squeezing the tissue paper. Then, one by one, stick them on to make a design. (02/09/2007)

By unknown

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

Thanks, the help was great. When my son was in second grade, we made a log cabin out of cardboard and peeled it off. We also painted it brown. (02/10/2007)

By Babs

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

My sister made a dragon. (02/10/2007)

By sully

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

I made a box and covered it in tin foil. (02/12/2007)

By Little one

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

My sister once made a cardboard box with beach-like theme. She used crushed graham crackers for the sand. You could have dolls running on the beach. (02/14/2008)

By Kristen

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

Last year my son and I made a snowman valentine's box. We got three different size boxes and covered them in white paper, put a scarf around the neck, a tall black hat made of foam, buttons for features, a carrot for a nose etc. The valentine's were put in the top of the hat. The kids all loved it! (01/28/2009)

By krista

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

I'm going to do a chocolate themed box, so it will look like a Hershey's bar and have chocolates glued on. (02/07/2009)

By Elise

Valentine's Shoe Box Designs

I made a cake one year. We went to hobby lobby, got 3 circle boxes, one big one medium, and one small. We cut holes in the med. and big ones and a slit in the top, and then stuck hearts all over it and then took a red boa and put it around the lids of each tier. I won most creative. (01/20/2010)

By mvwmvw