Catching Pet Mouse

My pet white mouse is loose in the house and I can't get to it. I see it every once in a while, but it is too small to catch. Any suggestions?

By Robyn F. from Hampton, TN

I figure, by now you already have caught it. But anyway, this is what we used to do with my sisters gerbils when they escaped.

Listen to small sounds that gives you leads to where the mouse can be. My sisters gerbils were under the fridge 99% of the time! Take some of your mouses' food or some nuts etc, that you know it likes and put it in the bottom of a glass jar. put the jar on the floor near where you think the mouse is. Stay still as not to scare it away. The animal can't resist the "goodies" and will soon get into the jar, and then you can lift the jar up with the mouse in it!

Can't you get a live trap? The kind that you bait with food and a door closes behind it, unharming it.

Robyn, this isn't any help right now, but may be in the future. As soon as I get a new mouse, I train it to come when I whistle. Just use food rewards and train as you would for any other trick. Whenever one of my babies has gotten out of its cage, I whistle and within a few minutes, I hear the scratching of little feet coming across the hardwood floor. ALWAYS remember to reward a returning mouse with a yummy treat and LOTS of love and attention. (This method has worked with all kinds of our pets-cats, dogs, of course, and horses-not just mice.)

Pets MiceJune 6, 2009
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Mouse Pad
Cleaning a Mouse Pad
Making Felt Mouse Ears
Making Felt Mouse Ears
A and oven and range with mouse odor problems.
Cleaning Mouse Urine Odor From a Range and Oven
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 20, 2016 at 12:39:25 AM on 10.0.0.201 in 961 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.