Repairing Rubber Flip Flops

Does anyone have a simple, fast way to repair flip flops? My DD's are slightly torn where the strap goes into sole. The strap will not stay in so she can wear them, and not sure what kind of glue would work on foam rubber flip flops. They are cheap ones from the Dollar Store.

Best Answer

Hi Jmz, I have been wearing flip-flops for years some can be fixed others ya just have to say goodbye. Here's one way to fix them. If the only problem is the hole on the bottom has gotten loose, get a empty two liter Coke bottle cut a circle about one or two in. cut circle half way- to the middle, then cut small circle from there just big enough for the part that goes between the toe, now turn shoe over slip plastic around toe part. I hope I'm explaning this correctly, I'm still working on my first cup of coffee.

Best Answer

My mom would use a large safety pin to fix them. Feed the piece through the hole. Push the pin through the tip horizontally. It should lie flat on the sole. I'm not sure how long this lasts. I just know if we were out and our flip flop broke, she always did this. She would also cut the canvas toes out of our tennis shoes when they got too short! Boy, that was a long time ago. Talk about frugal. This gives me a good laugh!

Umm. How's about head over to the Old Navy and spring for the expensive ones that are $3 and last all summer?

Thank you for the tips. I appreciate the help with this as she loves her flip flops!

Push the plastic piece through the hole and put a large piece of duct tape on the bottom of the shoe. I've been wearing my favorite pair of 99 cent flip flops for almost a year with duct tape on the bottom. Works great!

Runners add life to the soles of their shoes with a product called Shoe Goo, it's something like hot glue but in a tube, applied without heating.

Fix a Flop Sandal Patches work. I bought some at a retail store here in Florida. the website should be up in April. www.fixaflop.com They work for fixing the blowout problem and you put the patches on the back two knobs of the flip flop so when they start hurting your feet from the rubber wearing thinner. i am a heavier man so it helped me out.

Sandals
Repairing Sandals
Home and Garden Repair ClothingJune 11, 2008
Blue beaded flip flops on woman's feet.
Decorating Flip Flops
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Yellow and blue strappy sandals against a white background
Fixing Squeaky Sandals
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 3:20:33 PM on 10.0.1.199 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.