How Do I Revive a Stainless Steel Saucepan?

How do I revive a stainless steel saucepan?

By Susan

I've found that all stainless steel including cutlery benefits from a wash in biological detergent. It looks shiny and new for a while, but you always have to do it again. I've also noticed that since we acquired a dishwasher (£30 at a thrift shop) my saucepans are looking a lot brighter. I think stainless steel acquires lots of little scratches which dull the surface, especially if you use (haha) steel pot scrubbers vigorously.

Perhaps a milder abrasive like dishwasher powder evens out the scratches?

Spray it with EZ Off oven cleaner. It will look like new.

You do not want to use harsh or harmful chemicals like EZ Off on aluminum cookware that food is going to touch! Aluminum is porous and those chemicals will leach into the aluminum and hence into your food! I guess I am just at the time in my life where I no longer understand why everything has to look perfect and new , especially at the expense of possible health issues that can occur, and not simply appreciate the items as our old and loyal friends. At least we have these items for our convenience and enjoyment even if they are worn and used.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 11, 2011
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel