Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Touch Up With Nail Polish

Sometimes the difference between expensive-looking and cheap-looking can be in a detail. I just bought a pair of stylish Jackie-O dark sunglasses - but the gold colored metal side pieces looked cheesy - So I applied some metallic gold nail polish I keep around for such things - and wow! the difference. No one can tell I spend 99 cents on them now. (You can do the same with metal buttons and junk jewelry.)

By pam from L.A., CA

By

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By KARYN DAVIS (Guest Post)07/23/2007

I figured someone else was doing this aside from myself! I bought a cheap, elastic bracelet at the thrift store. The beads were obvious fake turquoise and so ugly! I got out all my different nail polishes and painted every bead a different color, including yellow, blue and green. It is now the prettiest bracelet that I own.

I have touched up many things with nail polish including antique and vintage items that need a spot of color. I also use "furniture pencils" to touch up old picture frames or wooden jewelry and magic markers are invaluable for small touch-ups or completely changing the color of something. Then I love to sit around and look at my improved item and pat myself on the back for being so clever and talented. Lol

By Ramona Louise Newton07/14/2006

Thank you so much for this suggestion, I love it!

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)07/14/2006

Thanks for this wonderful idea. I'd seen similar things done on HGTV by using a metallic pen. HOwever, the pens at Michael's were around $5. Yours is a much better solution. You can use it for chandeliers or anything.

By Debbie Dzurilla [24]07/14/2006

Wow, this is a great idea!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.