Scenery: Sunrise (Cocoa Beach, FL)

We went to visit relatives in Florida in March. We woke up early to see the sunrise! The sunrise was gorgeous and this is just one of the pictures that I got. America the Beautiful!

By Sally

photo of Sunrise at Cocoa Beach

I was stationed at Patrick AFB just a few miles south of Cocoa Beach, back in 1954. What an unspoiled area that was then, we visited Cocoa Beach often. After our work shifts on base we could walk to our perfect beach and blow off teen-age energy. That was a huge cultural change for a northern Minnesota kid, just 19 years old.

Thanks for the reminder.

Hey, I remember swimming at Cocoa Beach once, when my blended family went to FL on vacation. It was 1975, and what we didn't know until later was that there had been a shark attack the prior week and the beach was closed. No wonder it was so quiet! Duh! But thankfully, we all went away alive and with all limbs intact.

Beach Photos
Photos SceneryMay 12, 2011
A deflated beach ball used as a wedge pillow.
Using Beach Balls
powdered cocoa
Storing Cocoa
beach shell rocks and wood
Beach Theme Craft Ideas