Sunrise Photos

Category Scenery
Capturing the moments of the sun's accent on the horizon can create magical, colorful photographs. This is a guide about sunrise photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

The sun coming up on the lake and I had to get up and take a picture of it. I loved the colors of the sky that morning, breathtaking. This is Lake Conway, in Conway Arkansas, looking out my front door.

By Kacy

Brilliant red sunrise.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 46

I took this shot at 6:30 in the morning as the sun was just getting up. The trees, mist, water and sunlight just gives a magic look.

By Walter

Misty sunrise over water.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 37

I was up early Sunday morning while visiting family in Manchester, WA. I noticed the sunrise was full of color and thought it would be a great time to walk down to the water, with my camera and tripod. They turned out pretty good, I think.

The view is looking across the Puget Sound towards Seattle. Hope you enjoy the pictures half as much as I did taking them! :-)

By Jess from Hillsboro, OR

A colorful sunrise over the Puget Sound, with a boat and dock.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Sunrise on the water was taken on March 2010 at Ft. Loudon Lake in Loudon, TN. I was able to capture this beautiful sunrise on the water with my camera.

I take the camera with me everywhere as you never know when you catch that perfect shot.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 21

The view from our balcony at sunrise the beginning of November. There are people that think that the desert is not a beautiful place. I disagree. The first photo was taken just as the sun started to rise, The second one was taken just after it topped the mountain.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Here are two beautiful pictures of the beauty of sunrise here in Virginia. It is so lovely every morning and I just had to share these.

Hope you enjoy them. We get up each morning with this beauty above us.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Looking like a keyhole to peer through to see the universe The sun is in seconds rising to shine upon the earth. Sharing peace before the turmoil of the day with bright hopes of kindnesses to others.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

This sunrise photo was taken from the balcony of our hotel room in Cocoa Beach, FL on our last day of Spring Break vacation in Mar. 2010.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 22

Here is sunrise in Toronto, Canada

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

My husband took this picture with his phone one morning during PT (Physical Training). He is in the Army so was/is up pretty early and witnesses these beautiful sunrises way more than me.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

We spent several days camping at Lost Lake Resort at the foot of Mt. Hood. I got up before the sun every morning to get this photo. The slightest breeze or even fish jumping would ruin the glassy surface!

I think it was worth the effort though. I love how the photo came out.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

As I was leaving my home, I was hit with this magnificent view. I quickly pulled out my phone and took a couple of pictures, one with the flash and one without. One photo enhances the many colors present in the sky, while the other is so full of brilliant light.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I took these pictures on Thanksgiving morning from an out cropping of rock at the far end of Manchester State Park in WA. It was really special to watch the Puget Sound come alive with wildlife as the sun rose.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I woke up very early one morning and took these pictures from my front window of our beautiful sunrise. I hope you'll like my sunrise, and will vote for "our good morning world"

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 71

This photo was taken in Chandler, Arizona. I was able capture two different times of day to get a similiar picture

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I really love the view from Manchester at sunrise. With Mt. Rainer, the islands of the Puget Sound, and Seattle across the water, and the quant homes along the beach; it is truly picturesque.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I was up early and saw this beautiful sunrise on the lake. So peaceful. The next picture is later in the morning. Our cabin was on the main water way to the lake and had lots of boat traffic.

Nice to sit and watch the world go by.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Remember the old saying: "Red sky at night, sailors' delight; Red sky in the morning, sailors' take warning." This is such a case. This was taken early February prior to one of the worst snowstorms we had.

By Elayne M.

Scenery: Sunrise

Answers:

Scenery: Sunrise

Beautiful photo, and fantastic colors. You don't often see such perfection in color such as this. I love silhouettes anyway, and this is one of the best I've seen.

Thank you for sharing.
(03/09/2011)

By Julia

Scenery: Sunrise

Beautiful!
(03/09/2011)

By Judy = Oklahoma

If there is a better way to wake up than to a sunrise like this I haven't seen it. The color was so spectacular, I ran out in my nightgown to get this picture knowing that it could be gone in seconds.

To show how much I wanted this picture, I was barefoot and we had a foot of snow on the ground. All I had to do was step out the door and go about 10 feet from the front porch, believe me it didn't take long to get back in the house. As you see it was worth every bit of cold toes.

We live by a lake and the pink reflection from the sky repeated itself on the snow and ice. Simply spectacular!

By Ann Winberg

Scenery: Sunrise

Answers:

Scenery: Sunrise

Breathtakingly beautiful! (02/20/2011)

By katherine

Scenery: Sunrise

Absolutely awesome, Ann! And running out in the snow to take a photo sounds like something I would do even though I shouldn't. :-) (02/20/2011)

By Ann

Scenery: Sunrise

Thanks Ann for sharing such a great photo of such a beautiful sunrise! It was definitely worth running out into the snow for! I hope your toes are warmer now ;-) I would have done the same thing, as I know the scene changes in seconds when I'm taking pictures of sunsets. Your picture is so beautiful I'm saving it in my computer (credited to you, of course). (02/20/2011)

By Pixiedust7

Scenery: Sunrise

Ann, thanks for letting me see the scene through your eyes. (02/20/2011)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

This was taken in the morning after sunrise. The colors were stunning and the neighbor's barn made such a pretty picture in my camera's eye. The beauty in the colors is exquisite. It made me glad I get up early. The sight of this made me smile.

By nelliemary

Scenery: Sunrise

Answers:

Scenery: Sunrise

It's Gorgeous! You took that photo at just the perfect moment. (01/29/2011)

By Pixiedust7

Today, I gazed up at the sky of dawn and all that came up to my mind was "To Infinity and Beyond"

Sunrises and Sunsets are such a blessing we enjoy every day living on a lake.

Sunrise in East Tennessee. My husband and I were fishing and this picture just captured my eyes of the beauty of the morning.

Load More