Removing Burnt Residue on Popcorn Popping Machine - Categories:

Cleaning Supply RecipesCleaning

Removing Burnt Residue on Popcorn Popping Machine

I work in a cinema outlet and have to pop the popcorn in a popper machine. During closing, washing the popper kettle is so difficult due to big patches of burnt marks on the base of the popper kettle. I have tried using soda water from the dispenser, using warm water as well as using dish washing soap to clean but it takes ages. Any idea to wash off the marks as fast as possible?

Vincent from Singapore

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try scrubbing with baking soda or salt, using nylon net. It won't damage the machine or scratch, but might dislodge the burned residue. Good luck!

Believe it or not, but left over coffee from the coffee pot will do wonders for the burnt areas and also leave a nice shine to the metal. I have also used this method cleaning grills at restaurants.

Good luck

I made the mistake of using a hot iron on the wrong side of iron-on interfacing & couldn't believe how stupid I was... I thought I'd ruined a high quality Black & Decker Iron!... I was not only crushed, I was in the middle of my "before Christmas sewing for gifts rush"... Well, to make an unhappy story happy, I asked this gal in the fabric area of Walmart what to do..She said "It's not it hopeless!" She then steered me to this "Hot Iron Cleaner" Iron Repair cream.... It's sold with the irons at Walmart, & cost only about $2.50 for 2 tubes... You first heat up your iron (or whatever) then put this stuff on (it smells wonderful!) then rub a clean 100% cotton washcloth or T-shirt over the hot area... It WORKS LIKE A CHARM!... It cleans up ANYTHING that's burned on. I basically had PLASTIC stuck on to my iron, I'd already tried solvents etc. & nothing else had worked, so I see no reason why it won't work for other things too! You'd have to heat your popper up, then rub this onto the hot area using care so you don't burn yourself, then rub an old 100% cotton T-shirt or old washcloth over it until it's totally clean... (You'll have to throw the cloth away when you're done)

---> My iron now glides like it's brand new!

*** I don't know how this will affect food, so be sure to wash your popper thoroughly before using it again!

Here it is: Faultless 40105 Hot Iron Cleaner - 2 Pack = $2.52

http://www.amazon.com/Faultless-40105-Hot-Iron-Cleaner/dp/B000BPEPJG

Try Bar Keepers friend - it works on almost everything and is easy to use. Also you could try the Magic Eraser scrubbing sponges as they work wonders. Hope this helps!

Burnt carbohydrates can be a real challenge. I would put foil on it before using it again and then toss the foil each time. Foil is cheap so you can hopefully afford to be the one to buy it. God bless you!

Try SOS pads - you can cut them into small pieces just right to hold in your fingers. This worked well for me when I used a popcorn machine years ago. God bless you and Happy New Year!

try TSP

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesDecember 26, 2007
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Had in Popcorn Bowl
Saving Money on Popcorn
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 11:15:56 PM on 10.0.2.220 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.