Ideas For 2 Year Old's Golden Birthday

My little girl will be turning 2 in October and it is also her golden birthday. I would really like to go all out for her birthday but have no clue what theme I should go with. I tossed around the idea of everything being gold from the table cloth to the cake but I'm not sure if that is for a two year old.

She also has a lot of cousins anywhere from ages 9 months to 17. I would like to have activities for all ages to enjoy. I plan on doing an outdoors birthday because the family is so big and it is tough to fit them all in a house. Any help on this matter would sure be appreciated.

Rebecca from Eau Claire, WI

I'm clueless. What is a golden birthday?

Editor's Note: Here's Wikipedia's explanation: "A person's Golden Birthday occurs when they turn the age of their birth day (i.e. when someone born on the 12th of the month turns 12)."

Me also, I am clueless. What gives as a Golden Birthday? Thought I would get on here and find out what one is/was?

Thanks for the explanation. I had never heard of a golden birthday.

I think the golden birthday is the year in which your age and the date are the same ie turning two on the 2nd. I have also heard it called a penny birthday.

My son's b-day is on Halloween but we don't celebrate Halloween and he loves SpongeBob so we're doing a Luau and Spongebob theme. If you know what characters she likes go with that and incorporate the "gold" in there somehow. Good Luck and Happy partying!

You can go to buycostumes.com and also NickJr.com for some really cool games, themes and party ideas.

What about a "Bee Happy Birthday". You could do black and yellow decorations (like bumble bees) and write everywhere "Bee Happy for ______________ who is turning two today! I am sure you can find bumble bee decorations everywhere or print off your computer. The birthday child could wear a "bee happy" tshirt and you could get tshirts for the other kids or have the kids decorate their own. You could do games like a cake walk (but use bumblebee pictures for the children to walk on. Tell the children to fly like bumblebees while you play music and then stop the music and tell them to freeze. Goody bags could include bumble bee soap/stickers/candy. The birthday cake could be a bumble bee and say "Bee Happy for Susie's birthday!

Golden Birthday Party
Golden Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJune 30, 2008
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Golden Birthday Invitation
Golden Birthday Invitation Ideas
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Golden Birthday Present
Golden Birthday Present Ideas
🎉
🎄