Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass

Brass candle holders are bound to get wax on them. Properly removing the wax buildup will ensure that you don't damage the finish. This is a guide about cleaning candle wax from brass.

Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass, Brass candleholder with candle wax on it.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How can I clean wax from a brass table?

By Victorina S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read More Answers...

The freezer will usually work. Just freeze the holder for a couple of hours and the wax will become brittle and pop right off. Or we use a heat gun and carefully heat the wax and catch the melted wax with paper towels as it loosens. It is, of course best top use bobeches, or spray the candle holder first with Pam or another non stick spray before use.

By Pat from Springfield, MO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove candle wax from my 9 hand brass candelabra?

Charline from Freehold, NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know if a hair dryer would hurt the candleabra but I would try it a little at a time. Hope this helps.

Read More Answers...

What is the best way to clean brass? I think I have candle wax on the bottom of the stand. What is the best way to remove it?

By Marion

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Any wax left in a freezer for just 30 minutes crumbles off like it was never there. Hope that helps.

Empty candle holder and tealight with spilled was that has been removed from itStick the brass in the freezer for about 2 hours and the wax will come off super easy. Hope that helps!

By Sandi A. from Salem, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Heat the hard wax on the candelabra with a hair dryer. Then keep mopping up the wax as it melts.

By shi from Ireland

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalSeptember 7, 2011
Antique Brass Sink
Cleaning a Brushed Antique Brass Sink
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
brass candle sticks
Cleaning Brass
Brass Buddha figurine on floral fabric.
Homemade Brass Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 4:00:34 PM on 10.0.0.137 in 609 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.