Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass, Brass candleholder with candle wax on it.

Brass candle holders are bound to get wax on them. Properly removing the wax buildup will ensure that you don't damage the finish. This is a guide about cleaning candle wax from brass.

Solutions: Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Use Freezer To Remove Candle Wax

The freezer will usually work. Just freeze the holder for a couple of hours and the wax will become brittle and pop right off. Or we use a heat gun and carefully heat the wax and catch the melted wax with paper towels as it loosens. It is, of course best top use bobeches, or spray the candle holder first with Pam or another non stick spray before use.

By Pat from Springfield, MO

Tip: Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass

Empty candle holder and tealight with spilled was that has been removed from itStick the brass in the freezer for about 2 hours and the wax will come off super easy. Hope that helps!

By Sandi A. from Salem, OR

Tip: Use a Hair Dryer to Clean Wax Off Brass

Heat the hard wax on the candelabra with a hair dryer. Then keep mopping up the wax as it melts.

By shi from Ireland

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Cleaning Candle Wax from Brass.

Question: Removing Candle Wax on Brass

What is the best way to clean brass? I think I have candle wax on the bottom of the stand. What is the best way to remove it?

By Marion

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi [391]01/13/2012

Any wax left in a freezer for just 30 minutes crumbles off like it was never there. Hope that helps.

Question: Removing Candle Wax from a Brass Candelabra

How do I remove candle wax from my 9 hand brass candelabra?

Charline from Freehold, NJ

Most Recent Answer

By christine In (Guest Post)02/08/2008

I don't know if a hair dryer would hurt the candleabra but I would try it a little at a time. Hope this helps.