Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

I am looking for a playdough recipe that I used to make for children and must make for my grandson! I have seen several different types of recipes but the one I am thinking of you do not have to cook, but I remember I had to add dish soap!

am looking for recipe to make playdough using koolaid.

Thanks,

Lu Ann from Iowa

Editor's Note: Here are some recipes we published in the past.

Kool Aid Play Dough

1 cup flour

1 Tbsp. vegetable oil

1 package unsweetned Koolaid

1/4 cup salt

2 Tbsp. cream of tartar

1 cup water

Directions:

Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and Koolaid in a medium pan. Add water and oil. Stir over medium heat 3-5 minutes. When mixture forms a ball in pan, remove. Knead until smooth.

Let cool and place in airtight containers or baggies

By imaqt1962

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Koolaid Playdough II

1 cup flour

1/2 cup salt

1 pack koolaid (any color you like)

3 Tbsp oil

1 cup boiling water

Directions:

Mix first three ingredients in a large bowl. Add the last 2. Stir until well blended. Remove from bowl and knead into soft dough. Store in air-tight containers.

By Suzanne S. I have a recipe for play dough that I have made for years. I tried a Kool-Aid recipe (may not have been this exact recipe) and it was way too sticky, and ended up throwing it out. Here is the recipe that I find most successful for my grandchildren:

Play Dough (Non-Koolaid)

1/2 cup salt

1 cup flour

2 tablespoons cream of tartar

1 cup water

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Food coloring of choice

Directions

Mix salt, flour and cream of tartar. Add water, oil and food coloring. Cook till the mixture is thick and the right consistency. I store in Ziploc bags.

Hint: Let the children get in on the act by measuring, etc. They enjoy it.

Linda from PA

Here's the recipe I use. I don't think it's the one you had in mind, but it's highly recommended.

Combine 1 1/2 c. flour, 3/4 c. salt, 1 1/2 c water, 1 Tb cream of tartar, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and 1 packet unsweeted kool-aid powder. Stir together and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until it begins solidifying. Once it has started clumping up, remove from heat and allow to cool. Now play!! Store in a sealed container.

I have used this recipe with preschoolers for years and it always comes out great and the kids love it. I make it up at the start of the school year and we use it all year. We store it in gallon zip lock bags.

I love this recipe. If anyone knows how to make the playdough black from the kool-aid e-mail me lani_taylor AT hotmail.com

THANKS :)

this is a-maz-ing!

I'm in high school and was looking for a fun way to get our preschool kids into a fun activity thank you so much for posting this. You saved me a lot of agony. :)

I made many recipes and some don't work but if you go to allrecipes.com they can give you millions of recipes and play dough too.

Girl Playing with Colorful Playdough
Homemade Play Dough Recipes
Crafts Crafts For KidsAugust 6, 2007
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Making Cloud Dough
Making Cloud Dough
🎉
🎄